Sunday, October 11, 2020

Lock Down- itis !

      When I saw the image from LeAnn's World 101 for this month, I knew the facial expression was perfect to show what those of us are feeling, who are still locked down out here in the great state of California.  At the moment, most of us are none too happy with our governor and his constantly changing rules about how and when things will be allowed to reopen.  

     I get it that social distancing, wearing masks, and washing our hands all have great benefits in this time of Covid-19 but to just continually change the ways of measuring "recovery" and adding to the terms (3 times now!) which must be met before any particular area in the state can move from one level of reopening to another is both frustrating and dictatorial!  

      OK, climbing off my soapbox.  :-D  Anyway, the image is adorable and I had a lot of fun making this card.  The color combo reminds me of high school days when I loved pairing aqua and chartreuse in my clothing.  It's still a fav combo of mine for making fall cards.


Colored w ProMarkers & gen pens
Cut w cross stitch, Unbranded die
Dry embossed card front 
Sentiment printed & die cut
CAS design for masculine card

     Challenges:
TTCRD

     That's all for today but have a wonderful day and Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

8 comments:

meg said...

A topical card, I'm sure many are fed up with lockdown but it continues to be a way of life, that little guy looks as though he is angry about it

Linda Simpson said...

I think I agree with that statement on this wonderful card. The image is beautifully coloured and love the colour combination too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Great card Connie, love the sentiment and the gorgeous colour combo, I love that combo also. I think we are all feeling like your image LOL.

As for your Governor, I expect he is doing what numerous countries are doing or not sure of doing, to combat the virus. We are in lockdown in our Borough and can't cross into the next one. I expect plenty flout the rules though. Lots of parts of the UK are going into tighter lockdown from tomorrow it's being said, we'll have to wait and see. Sorry if I'm being controversial! I guess we are all sick of it.
Keep safe
Faith x

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Great card NanaConnie. Thank you for sharing with us over here at LeAnn’s World 101 and best of luck with your entry.
Wendy DT Member for https://challengeleannsworld101.blogspot.com/

Angela said...

That is great and I think we are all over it now. Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. We hope to see you again next challenge.
Smiles, Angela DT Member
TTCRD DT
https://chasingwhiteunicorns.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

Teresa Arsenault said...

What a great way to express a common frustration. Really cute card and I do like that colour combo. Hugs, Teresa

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

A great card Connie. Coloured beautifully. Thanks for entering our challenge this month at Creative Inspirations and good luck, Jayne DT

Claire (Mrs H) said...

Love the look on his face
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles DigiChoosday Craft Challenge

Claire Guest DT
Mrs H's Crafty Corner