Monday, September 9, 2019

Queenie's Curiosity

     I know I already posted today but this one has nothing to do with cards, only an update on the new feline baby, Queenie.  I shared a couple of photos with you a month or so ago (see here) but when you're a young kitten, you change on a daily basis so here are some more recent photos.

     Queenie is big enough now to jump up on the computer desk on her own (in a 3 jump move from floor to chair to desk top.)  She has developed an almost fanatical fascination with the printer.  She can hear the sound of it starting up from two rooms away and those sounds prompt an immediate response from her.  She is up and on the desk before any paper has begun to move!


     She watches intently as the paper slides out and as soon as all noises have ceased, she gently paws at the paper.  Once convinced that nothing more will issue forth, she lies down to "guard" the printer and the papers so that nothing escapes!


    Of course, her guarding is so fierce that even I am not allowed to remove the paper from the tray.  Sometimes it's several minutes before I can retrieve whatever it is I've printed.  The lesson learned here is not to print anything which I might need immediately.  Until her attention is grabbed by something far away from the desk, she (and her claws) stand guard.  :-D

     NanaConnie  

7 comments:

jimlynn said...

Oh Connie!!! HOW CUTE!!!!! I just love her little face and know she's going to be a great cat. That's so cute about the printer. FUN!!!
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

Connie, Queenie is a cutie!! She's so curious! :) Thanks for sharing!!

Anne Buckingham said...

Queenie sounds adorable. Guard cats are fun.

Bunny said...

Oh my gosh that is so funny. I love how intently she is staring at the paper. She's a cute kitten. [Bunny]

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

:D How sweet, cute and fun little kitty!! Your post has made me smile! :) It seems that Queenie is the queen of the printer :D
I have six cats and no one has never been interested by my printer! :D

Jo said...

Oh NanaConnie she is a beauty! I could easily while away a few hours looking at that gorgeous face Love your printer story.....your paper will always be safe with Queenie! hugs Jo x

Monica C. said...

Oh wow! That intent look in the first photo is priceless.
Hugs Monica