Sunday, July 28, 2019

A New Fur Baby at Our House

     A few months ago I shared with some of you that my sister-in-law had begged me to take a cat which had been abandoned by someone in her neighborhood when they moved away, a sweet calico cat.  My friend, Lynn, even commented that I just had to take her (bless Lynn's heart.)

     But it turned out the cat was pregnant and I just could not see myself saddled with a litter plus the momma plus the fur babies I already have so I declined.  However, when the kittens were born, I fell in love with one of them (OK, I fell in love with all six of them but one more than the others!) and I agreed to take her when she was weaned.


     My granddaughter brought her home to me when she was 7 weeks old, and she's a calico like her momma.  Here are a couple of photos taken the day she arrived.




She has a chess board pattern on the top of her head so she was quickly dubbed "Queenie."


     She's now a week away from being 4 months old and these photos show how much she's changed in those few, short weeks.  She's discovered the scratching post and everything must be tested by mouth, paws, and claws.

 

     She is totally fearless!  The other cats have adjusted to her being here, after a few days of cautious watching.  Queenie and Molly have become fast friends, tussling, chasing, sleeping together, while Honey somewhat grudgingly accepts attention from Queenie but really prefers to be "unmolested" by her.

     Both Molly and Honey are huge by comparison - Molly is about 7 pounds and Honey is easily 10 pounds, compared to Queenie's less than 1 pound - but she believes she's the alpha cat, regardless of her size.  See what I mean?


     Have a marvelous day.  NanaConnie


10 comments:

Andrea W said...

She is darling!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

:D Adorable!!!!! Hope that all the kitties have found a home full of love as Queen! :)

Jo said...

Oh NanaConnie, she's a beauty.....so pleased she's found a lovely home with you x

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my word Connie, she is just adorable! I love her! Enjoy your time with her I want to give her a big squishy cuddle.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Queenie is ADORABLE!!!! I'm SO glad you got her. She's a little doll and going to bring you so much joy.
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

AWE!!!! Connie, Queenie is just the cutest and so glad you were able to grab this one from the liter!! Thanks for shraring! Glad to see your blog again and be able to just sit and enjoy!! HUGS

Monica C. said...

Just goes to show that size is no criteria lol
Hugs Monica

Donna Ellis said...

Darling new addition to your family, NC! I love Queenie's pretty colors and precocious nature! hugs, de

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Sounds like you have a beautiful and a characterful little furry person there Connie LOL.
Faith x

Di said...

Aw Connie - Queenie is gorgeous! So pretty - and no doubt full of mischief too!

Hugs

Di xx