Friday, January 18, 2019

More Cake! More Cake!

     This is the last of the cards for the week long, Birthday Bash at Catch the Bug where they were celebrating their 9th year on the challenge blog.  They offered a Bugaboo Stamps freebie (as they always do on Fridays) and I used it, along with the birthday cake image, following this inspiration photo.  What better way to banish the winter blues than by having a party and eating cake?
                             
         

     I used my ProMarkers to color the images, then fussy cut the little monsters and added them on top of the huge cake image.  I printed the sentiment, hand cut it, and inked the edges before adding it to the bottom of this really CAS card.

     I used a craft knife to distress the edges of the image piece before I mounted that onto an aqua card base.  There was already so much going on with the images that I opted for no embellishments, just the images and the sentiment.

     Challenges:
Cardz TV 
Crafting with Friends
Cute Card Thurs.
Happy Craft
My Favorite Things   
Outlawz Festive Friday
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Simon Says Stamp

     I may have a post tomorrow, too, if I find the time to write it up.  The card is done but I have several folks coming tomorrow at different times throughout the day so we'll just have to see how much I can get done between their visits.

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie 

9 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

What a beautiful card, love all the cute critters on this card! Who doesn't love a piece of cake!
Hugs
Linda xdxx

Monica C. said...

This is such a fun card. I love that huge cake towering over the monsters.
Hugs
Monica

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous Connie, love the image and how you have coloured it.
Faith
x

Maud's Creations said...

Love your cute Birthday card, love the little critters so cute, thanks for joining in on the Anything goes Challenge at the Happy Craft Challenge Community

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a fab card, and our fussy cutting of that image so small- awesome! Love your card idea- so creative!!! Thanks for joining in at the Catch the Bug Birthday Bash for Bugaboo!!!

Sandy said...

Such a fun card...Love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting with Friends challenge blog.
Hugs, Sandy DT

Sharon said...

Great fun image. Thanks for playing along with us at CCT.

*Vicki* said...

Now how stinkin' cute is this! Love that big cake next to these adorable monsters!! Such a fun sentiment too!! :) Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

Misty Elam said...

This is too cute!! I love those little monsters! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. I hope you'll join us again soon ~
Misty