Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Groovy V-Dub Bug

     So how many of you truly remember the "Love Generation" of the 1960s and 70s?  This image takes me back to my late teen/early adult years when things were "groovy" and VWs were all the rage.  I actually had a blue VW Bug so even coloring this image brought back some wonderful memories.  :-D

     The image is for the Progressive challenge at LeAnne's World 101 and you all know how I love my progressive challenges.  :-D


     I colored with ProMarkers, gel inks, silver paint pens, and sparkle gel pens for a bit of shine on the windows.  I fussy cut the Bug and added it to a die cut square (Lawn Fawn) with dimensional dots and made sure that it was out-of-the-box.  I used additional Lawn Fawn dies to cut the square frame and that put everything back inside-the-box.  :-D

     Since this Bug represents the 'groovy' times, I added some sparkly, 'hippy' flowers, added little gem centers, then printed and hand cut the sentiment.  The card base is made with confetti CS.

     Challenges:
Crafting from the Heart
Double Trouble  (all 3)
Get Creative
Lemon Shortbread
Outlawz Twisted Thurs.
Paper Girls
Passion for ProMarkers
Simon Says Stamp & Show
TTCRD

     That's all for now.  See you on Friday with a post for QKR Stampede.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

Vickie Y said...

Fun image and card! Just a reminder that the PIP Challenge guidelines call for only 5 challenges per card to be considered for the prize.

Angie said...

Great male card! Thanks for joining us at Get Creative Challenges! Angie-Owner

https://angiesdigitalstamps.blogspot.com/
http://angiescreationsblog.blogspot.com/
https://getcreativechallenges.blogspot.com/
https://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.com/

papercraftingprincess said...

My mom had a red VW when she met my step dad in 1971 (I was 4) - the story goes that she sold it because he could not drive it correctly (keep it revved up) and it was easier to get rid of the car than him :) She always wanted a VW Convertible and I think I've inherited her dream, but hubby doesn't think I need two cars. Thanks for sharing your walk down memory lane with us at Double Trouble.

Monica C. said...

This card sure does take us down memory lane. I had a white bug in my younger years and called him Herbie!
Hugs
Monica

Linda Simpson said...

I love this card, the VW sure brings back memories of the 70's for me as I was a teenager.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AH! those were the times! great memories Connie, LOVE this "Herbie" great colours and the flowers are a super addition. My mother would never let me be one of the "flower people" so I'm still a frustrated hippie LOL.
Faith
x

*Vicki* said...

Now that is such a cute and fun image!! Love the pretty glitzy flowers you've used and the fun sentiment goes perfectly with it too!! HUGS :)

Lori Kobular said...

Love this card! I think beetle bug cars are just adorable! Your card is cute as can be! I always wanted one of them!!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Nana, missed you, welcome back. Yep, who doesn't have memories of a the Bug...fun to drive. Great "love in the air" interpretation "a love bug". Our first bug was a red one that we wanted to paint yellow because it happened to be a lemon. But that didn't stop us from going out and buying another red bug and it stayed red for many years. Twisted Sister thanks you for adding a little sparkle and thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and The Paper Girls.

Terri Winske said...

Slug a bug blue! Ever play that game?? I learned to drive a stick shift in an orange VW Bug named "Fred". Great car and great memories! Adorable and fun card. Thanks for sharing it with us at PIP Challenges!

Julie said...

Super male card with this great image! Thank you for joining in my Flower challenge at Passion for Promarkers this week, good luck! Juliexx

Cards By MI said...

A really lovely looking card with a fabby image. Remember when being a kid my uncle drow a red one that I got a ride in during some summers. Thanks for joining us over at PFP this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Sandra said...

Such a fun card, the VW bug looks fabulous. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Theresa said...

cool card. love the colouring. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa xx

Melanie R said...

Such a fun card! I, too, had a VW Bug (1967, light blue). I loved it and never wanted to get rid of it. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble Challenge.