Sunday, February 25, 2018

The Stylish Belle

     My eldest granddaughter has developed a true love of old Hollywood, pin-up girls.  She celebrated her birthday this month and, while I didn't have anything from the actual WWII time period she likes best, this image from the "Madamoiselle" collection by Linda Simpson Designs seemed to fit the genre.  She loved the card so I guess it worked.  :-D  She and I also found some archive patterns and we're going to sew some pin-up outfits for her to wear when she volunteers at Veterans' and Honor Flight functions.



     Making the card was pretty simple.  I printed the image, wrapped a piece of black CS with wide, white lace, and added the black bow.  Done!

     Challenges:
Creative Moments
DL.ART
Ike's World
Outlawz Twisted Thurs.
Star Stampz
TTCRD
Word Art Weds.

     Short and sweet today but I have places to go and things to see.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

9 comments:

Chris said...

Fabulous card, love the image, very stylish! Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Moments.
Chris
x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A VERY elegant card, fab image and love how you have done the sentiment.
Faith
x

jimlynn said...

I've always loved the fashion of those years. So chic looking and stylish
Love your card too and that pretty image.
Lynn

ike said...

Beautiful card - I am glad she enjoyed it.
I would love to see some of her outfits in the future :-)
Thank you for playing at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
Hugz
IKE

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Teresa Arsenault said...

Your card is smashing. Even better is that you are going to sew some faux-vintage clothing for your granddaughter. You must rock her world, NanaConnie! hugs, Teresa

Shelly Schmidt said...

Nothing better than being able to personalize you cards! Fantastic!

Borqna said...

Right on target! Bravo Nana Connie!
Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
Good luck!

Sall said...

The use of the lace is great, it really adds an elegant touch to your card. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

OlgaB said...

Lovely design and I do love the lace!
Thank you for joining Creative Moments. Hope to see you again.
Hugs from Africa!