Monday, February 13, 2017

Nature's Rain

     Our new challenge starts today at Ike's World and our theme is "Anything Goes with an optional twist of  Nature."  That's pretty wide open and just to show you how wide, you should go over to the Ike's World blog and check out the variety of what all the other DT gals have done.

     I have been inspired by the weather nature has been giving us out here in California.  After a terrible 5 year drought, we've had a winter of rain, rain, and more rain.  Flooding in lots of areas, yes, but in the part of California where I live, during the last two weeks we've had very warm, spring-like rains -- the kind you want to walk through wearing shorts.   So, I chose Ike's Rain Girl image and here's the end result.


I started with the sketch from Creative Sketchy Girls.


     I colored the image with my ProMarkers and then, instead of cutting the image, I cut the frame with a stitched die from Die-Namics and trimmed it to fit the image.  I chose three different papers from the Madeline stack by Prima Papers.  I matted everything with navy blue CS including the hand cut sentiment.

     I added leaves, flowers, and a feather but there was still something missing. Where was the rain?  I grabbed one of my Spellbinders dies which has a decorative edge, cut two different papers and used some of the little pieces that drop out to make the raindrops.  Perfect!  Yes!  Now it was definitely finished.  :-D

     Challenges:
Crafting with Dragonflies
Creates and Makes
Creative Inspirations
Everybody Art
Jo's Scrap Shack
Word Art Weds.

     I hope you're going to come play in our challenge this week.  We get as much inspiration from you as you do from us.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the fab design and great image.xxx

Unknown said...

Great image Conie especially for you and your area. Wonderful coloring and I love those rain drops. Hope you are doing OK out there with all those rains. It never seems to be even though, drought or constant rain. Enjoy your day.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A lovely happy image and I can feel the rain now, except it's cold Winter rain LOL. A great interpretation of the challenge.

I hope you are not in the area where there is likelihood of you being evacuated, such an awful time for those people affected by the overfull dam.
Faith
x

Linda Simpson said...

This is wonderful Connie, love the gorgeous image and how you have done the rain drops.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Glenda Atkins said...

I for one cannot wait till the spring rains come. Tiered of snow. Your card is lovely and a fabulous take on that sketch.
Hugs
Glenda

Nancy Soetaert said...

lovely card!
Thanks for playing with our sketch-challenge!
Nancy

Teresa Arsenault said...

What a beautiful, happy card. hugs, Teresa

ike said...

Super beautiful card and that was a genius way to make the rain :-) Thank you very much for making this for me at IWC, and I'm glad you area is finally getting some rain. :-)

Hugz
IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

*Vicki* said...

Love this wonderful design Connie! Those raindrops are just fabulous with your blue tone colors!! A great reminder for us in the Midwest that Spring will be coming very soon! :) HUGS

Susan Hogan said...

Beautiful raindrops. A great card. Thanks for sharing the fun with us at Crafting with Dragonflies for our current challenge.

Heather said...

Very pretty! Great take on the layout and those raindrops are super cool! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Stunning, Sweet card. I love it.

Thanks for joining us at Creates and Makes Challenge. en Creative Sketch Girls

Hugs Claudia

DT Creates and Makes
DT Creative Sketch Girls

http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be
http://createsandmakes.blogspot.be

Helen said...

A great card - thank you for joining us at the Crafting With Dragonflies Challenge.

Helen x