Sunday, June 11, 2017

Roses for a Friend

     A second post today for no particular reason except that I woke somewhat early, felt a bit creative, and got this card made after an hour of detailed coloring.  I haven't used any of my Magnolia stamps in a very long time so I thought it was time to dig them out.  This sweet Tilda with the bouquet of roses just seemed perfect for a friendship card.


     I colored her with my ProMarkers and added a touch of glitter to the sparkle points in her hair and to the center of each rose in the bouquet.  Unfortunately, as with most of my photos, the sparkle just doesn't show.  But it's definitely there IRL.  The card front is embossed with one of my folders.

     Both the image and the purple mat were cut with Unbranded dies.  I used gel ink to highlight the stitching on each die cut.  The sentiment was printed and die cut, adhered to the bottom of the card front and then trimmed along the bottom.  I used bits of two different ribbons layered on top of each other and then used two of the bows I make by the dozens and toss into my stash for future use.  This time, I used white bows (one satin & one sheer) then 'dyed' each bow with ProMarkers to get the color I wanted.

     Challenges:
Allsorts
Aud Sentiments

     Hope your weekend is going well and I wish you Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

Elle Kay said...

Beautiful card! Love the bright purple bow! Thanks for sharing with Aud Sentiments challenge blog!

brenda said...

A very pretty card and great use of your dies, many thanks for joining our die cut them at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous colours and a pretty image, lovely colouring and lovely dies.
Thank you for joining our 'Dies' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is a lovely friendship card. It is beautifully colored and I really like the lacy oval design. hugs, Teresa

Janette said...

Such a sweet and pretty card and I love the double bow..
Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week....x

tilly said...

a very pretty card Love Tilda and the layout, thanks for joining our challenge at Crafty catz and hope to see you again
Tilly

Julie said...

Such a lovely card. Your friend will love it.
Thanks for joining us in our summer challenge at Aud Sentiments.
Julie T

Theresa said...

lovely colouring. fab card. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa DT xx

Jane Savage said...

So pretty! Love how you have framed the image!
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful card NC, love the die frame and so good to see a Magnolia stamp again.
Faith
x

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracy x

Terri's Cards N More said...

What an elegant card. Beautifully colored and love the purple accents. Thanks for joining the Crafting With An Attitude challenge.