Friday, June 2, 2017

Friendship Blooms

     Just as I was getting ready to make my card last month for the May Card Chain Challenge (where we make cards and exchange them with other crafters and card makers around the world), I got some new dies in my mailbox (my favorite things!) so I decided it was best to put them right to work!


     We always get several choices of themes, techniques, or other things we can use on our cards and, for May, I used both the colors and the sketch.

                                          

     Notice that the die cut vases (Die-namics) and the butterflies (Press Cut) stand in for the stripes on the circles.  I cut the circles with dies from QuicKutz.  I wanted it really CAS for easy mailing but I did decorate the inside with strips of the same dark pink paper from which I had cut the circles.  I cut three of the pink vase, and stacked them together into one for a bit of dimension.  It may be hard to see in the photo but you can definitely feel it on the card itself.

     Everything on this card was made from bits and pieces of left over CS, a great way to use up leftovers.

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps and More
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Cardmakers
Creative Inspirations
Cuttlebug Mania
Die Cuttin' Divas
Double D
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Simon Says
Word Art Weds.

     I'll have another post today showcasing my DT card for our new challenge at QKR Stampede.  Be sure to check back later.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

9 comments:

CA Scrapper said...

Your card is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

Leslie

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous Connie and so perfect for our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. The image is wonderful and a little bit delightfully quirky. Loving the flowers on the inside and outside of the vases.
Hugs
Glenda

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

Darlene said...

WOW! What a fun and unique design Connie! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Flowers Galore’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful card, love how you have used different shades to show off the vases. (Isn't it GREAT to have new toys LOL.
Faith
x

Virginia L. said...

GREAT use of dies and colors! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

J said...

Pretty CAS images... Thank you for sharing your card and joining in my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

Jackie

crafty said...

lovely card. Thank you for joining in the Crafting From the Heart challenge this week.
Mary

CraftyNatalie said...

Great creation. Thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this fortnight. CraftyNatalie-DT