Monday, June 19, 2017

Blue Christmas in July

     A new challenge starts today and it's also my last card as a member of Ike'sworld DT.  I have loved working with Ike and the team but I'm going to be so busy this summer, including travels away from home and even away from the internet, that I simply had to cut some of the DTs on which I serve, and Ike's was one of them.   Can you believe I was on 6 different teams?  Yikes!  For the remaining teams, I'm working madly to pre-schedule posts.

     Anyway, at Ike'sworld this fortnight, we have our usual "Anything Goes" theme but our optional twist is "Blue Christmas (in July)" and you can do anything Christmas if you want to use the twist.  I found this fun and funny "Bah Humbug Bulldog" in Ike's store and decided to do him in non-traditional blues instead of red for his Santa suit and hat.  Don't you just love the expression on his face?


     I used my ProMarkers to color him, then die cut him with a stitched circle die from Die-namics.  The dark blue frame is cut with a die from QuicKutz.  I added dp from an old DCWV Winter stack and found the sparkly snowflake borders in my Christmas stash.  No telling how old those are but they still sparkle brightly even though it doesn't show much in the photo.  They're also 3D so it gives some great dimension to the card.

     Challenges:
12 Months of Christmas
Angie's Digital Stamps
Christmas Cards
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Extra
Cutie Pie
Dragonfly Dreams
Dream Valley
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
World Wide Open DT

     Please come play along with us.  Remember, it's always "Anything Goes" but you can use the twist if you desire.  You may use any images from any company but if you have Ike's Art images, we'd love to see them!  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! This is so stinkin' CUTE!! Love the blue colors with this image and what a great idea to start making Christmas in July cards!! :) Thanks for the inspiration my friend always! HUGS

Mel said...

Aww, too cute, love that image! Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Melanie DT for  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOL, he really doesn't do Xmas does he? Love you've used blue as your main colour.
Faith
x

Sherry said...

Beautiful Card Thanxx For Sharing With Us At Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends...
Sherry @LPOCF DT

Lin said...

Love the bulldog and his grumpy face, matches the sentiment perfectly.

Thank you for sharing in our Square card challenge again.

Lin
Dream Valley

ike said...

A superb card and I love that you did him in blue. Really fabulous. Thank you so much for taking time to make this for me at IWC. It's a real pleasure having you work on my DT :-)
Hugz
IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Glenda Atkins said...

Aww, love your sense of humour. Had a good chuckle when I saw this card. Nicely done!
hugs
Glenda

Julie said...

Ha Ha I just love this card.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nut's Christmas Extra Challenge
Julie T

Shabneez said...

What a fun image and great colouring! Thank you for joining in with Angie's Digital Stamp Challenge. Shabneez

Wanda said...

I love seeing Christmas in July Cards! THis one is adorable, love the grey and blue combo. Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Wanda DT World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for playing with us at Christmas Card Challenges and good luck!
Monca - CCC DT

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the blues...
Thanks for sharing with 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!

SUSAN DT

DT for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Wendy said...

Fabulous card... Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge:)
Wendy xx

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at the 12 Months of Christmas cards link up. Hope to see you again next time.