Monday, June 19, 2017

An Orchid Thank You

     I have a dear friend who is always doing something wonderful and unexpected for others, including me.  I'm not sure I really show my appreciation often enough so I've done this card to say "Thank You."  She adores orchids, grows them rather well in her greenhouse, and I thought this image from Tiddly Inks would be perfect for her.


     This one took a bit of imagination because I created the background on a blank page working with one of the Picture Format options in Word.  However, I didn't have a .png version of the image so I couldn't merge it onto the background before printing.  Instead, I printed the background, put that sheet of paper back into the printer, and then printed the orchid image onto it.

     I colored it with ProMarkers and gel inks, then cut the background into a rectangle the size I wanted for this card.  The blue frame was cut with an Gina Marie die and I added a scrap of lace to one side of it, then layered on the image and the matted sentiment.

     I tied the triple bow using my bow maker and adhered it.  This card was really quick and easy although the design looks more complex than the amount of work required to make it, which is an effect I truly love.  :-D

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps & More
Craft-Dee BowZ
DL.ART
Inspiration Destination
Kraftin' Kimmie
Paper Shelter
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Sisterhood of Crafters
Word Art Weds.

     Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

9 comments:

Darlene said...

This is OH SO PRETTY Connie! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Use Your Imagination’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Craft-E-Place said...

Such a pretty orchid, beautifully coloured. Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at ATSM
Elaine

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is lovely and so personal to the recipient. Hugs, Teresa

*Vicki* said...

Such a gorgeous card Connie! Love the blue colors and what a stunning image too!! You've done a beautiful job with this! HUGS

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How clever of you to print twice to get the result you wanted - a GREAT result, and a beautiful card.
Faith
x

Crafting With Jack said...

Lovely card, it will be much appreciated I am sure.

Martina Svoboda said...

Lovely, such a neat bow. Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More! Martina DT

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

JanR said...

Great card! I especially like the bow. Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks.