Thursday, June 1, 2017

My Fair Lady

     My third DT post today and this one is for the newest blog challenge starting at SheepSki Designs, where our theme this time is "Girlz Rule!"  I used Andrea's My Fair Lady image.  Isn't she gorgeous?


This is my take on the sketch from Outlawz
flipped side to side.


     I used my ProMarkers to color her, then added glitter to the skirt before fussy cutting the image and layering it onto a deep purple die cut (Spellbinders).  I punched two corners of the die cut to give a little visual interest. I embossed some white CS, then took a scrap strip of it and colored it before adding it to the design.

     The butterfly is a Cheery Lynn die cut and the tag holding the sentiment is cut with a Memory Box die.  The three little flowers are punched (Fiskars) and I added glitter to the centers.

     Challenges:
Crafting by Designs
Crafty Gals Corner
Cuttlebug Mania
Digi Choosday
Inspiration Destination
Kraftin' Kimmie
Lemon Shortbread
Penny's Paper-Crafty
TTCRD

     If you've read my other posts from earlier today, you know that I'm leaving or taking a leave of absence from some of my DTs and SheepSki is one of them.  I just have to have some breathing room during the summer months while I travel and camp out and enjoy myself with family and friends.  I'll still be crafting and posting but with many fewer deadlines and with lots more freedom to be creative on my own schedule.  I'm sure many of you will understand.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Lovely card, Connie! I especially like the glistening softness of her gown, similar to silk or bejeweled chiffon, done in your favorite color! Great take on the pretty sketch, too! xx

Unknown said...

Great card NanaConnie! Will miss you being part of the team at SheepSki Designs. Have a super summer! Love n hugs, Mary x

Creative world said...

Beautiful girly card,love your embossed background...thank you for joining us at DIGI CHOOSDAY CHALLENGE this week,hope to see you again
Željka DT xx

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Penny’s challenge 331 – hope to see you again soon – Hazel DT x

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful lady and a lovely embossed background AND in your favourite colours :O)! Very nicely done!
hugs
Glenda

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Lovely project, thanks for sharing with Inspiration Destination and we hope to see you again next time. Wendy DT xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love how you have coloured her and presented her, it's a gorgeous card.
Faith
x

Isobel said...

Great project thanks for joining us at Crafting by Designs good luck

Unknown said...

Beautiful card...I love this texture.
Thanks for joining with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
Yaiza DT

TracyM #6773 said...

BEAUTIFUL card!
Love your elegant image and delightful gown - WOW!
Thank You for joining us at the Crafty Gals Corner :)

Moni said...

Beautiful card!! Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Challenges.-Monica DT.