Sunday, June 18, 2017

Hedgehog Celebration

     Today I'm sharing a birthday card, this time with a very masculine color combo.  Last week, I used one of the Penny Black images with mice.  Since I always have trouble deciding whether I like the PB mice or hedgies best, I didn't want any of my hedgie stamps to feel left out.  Hence, today's card with hedgies celebrating a birthday.  :-D


     The image is colored with ProMarkers, then die cut (Spellbinders) and matted twice with other die cut layers.  The sentiment is hand cut and matted twice with the same colors.  I love using stripes and polka dots together for kid's cards but I had no striped ribbon in these colors.  Instead, I added stripes to the candle on the cake.  The two birthday hats also have polka dots and stripes so I guess those will have to do.  :-D

     The final touch was to 'dye' two, sheer ribbon bows (using ProMarkers) and add them as the embellishments.

     Challenges:
Allsorts
Brown Sugar
Craft-D BowZ
Crafty Calendar
Crafty Catz
Outlawz PAM
Penny Black and More
Send a Smile 4 Kids
Sweet Stampin'

     Here we are, half-way through the weekend, and I've made 6 new cards so far.  I'm trying to work on things which I can schedule to post during the weeks I'll be gone during the summer.  I'm also working on more Christmas cards, some of which will be sent to the Card Drive for Little Hearts.  I'll have more about that in another post later this week but I made the name into a link to Christina Hor's post about it if you want to go and check it out now.  The card drive starts in July and runs through August.  You could be a part of it, too.  :-D

     Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

10 comments:

Wendy L said...

Super cute, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xx

Marty F said...

What an adorable card, love those hedgehogs! You've done a great job coloring this fun group and I love the addition of the stripes and polka dots on your hats and candle - creative way to add those in! Your little bows are so cute and I also love coloring ribbon to match my project. Someone is going to love receiving this card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft-Dee BowZ for our monthly challenge, Anything Goes & Include a Handmade Bow :-)

brenda said...

It's a perfect masculine card, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week. Your card is also ideal for our June challenge at Penny Black and More, many thanks for sharing with us.

B x

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Connie, this is just as cute as can be!! I adore this image and your coloring is just fabulous!! :) Such a happy card! HUGS

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AW! I can hear them singing aloud, a wonderful card.
Faith
x

Crafting With Jack said...

I do love Penny Black stamps, great card x

Sue said...

I love Penny Black stamps and this is a real cutie! thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar hugs Sue J x

Anonymous said...

What a cute card!! I love the image you have used, so adorable!!
Thank you joining our Anything Goes at Brown Sugar Challenge.
Hope to see you again soon.

Saba DT

Ellibelle said...

Such a cute card, adorable image and you colored it beautifully!
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More!

Sammy said...

Awww, this is so cute, love it. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x