Thursday, June 1, 2017

A Window on Autumn

     I know it isn't Autumn yet but this gorgeous image from our sponsor, Sparkle n Sprinkle ("Welcome Autumn"), was begging to be used as my DT card for the latest monthly challenge at Cards Galore Encore.   I have a huge collection of both stamps and digi images from SnS and this one hadn't been used and needed to be.


Below is a photo of the lattice-gate when it's closed.


I used the sketch from Stella Says Sketch
and the colors from Catch the Bug.

   

     Although this started with a pre-colored image, I used my ProMarkers to color the sky and to add colors to the cat, the kitten, the bird, the fence, and a couple of the squashes.  I discovered that technique several months ago and love using it for different looks.

     The die is an unbranded die and the ribbon was in my stash.  I doubled it, wrapped it around the card front, and then used two layers to make the double-loop bow.  I stamped the sentiment.

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps
Aloha Friday
Colour Crazy
Die Cuttin' Divas
Polkadoodles
Send a Smile 4 Kids
Sweet Stampin'

     This is my last DT post for Crafts Galore Encore because I'm going to be gone off and on throughout the summer.  I'll continue to do DT work for three teams but have had to resign or take leave time from the other three in order not to be overwhelmed.  I'm going to miss all of the wonderful ladies who have become friends from those teams but I'll be around blogland and will play in those challenges as often as possible.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

10 comments:

Andree said...

A lovely card Connie and a great design xx

Donna Ellis said...

How gorgeous, Connie! Beautiful fold, and such a pretty blue lattice in the windows, and great use of that wonderful image! Lovely card. xx

Unknown said...

Fabulous card! Love the image and the card design! Hugs, Mary x

Glenda Atkins said...

Oh this is a super card. Love the lattice gate, wow what a fabulous design.
hugs
Glenda

The Little Stamper said...

A lovely card, and I really like the garden gates - very clever! Thanks for sharing at Colour Crazy.

Sharon x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a gorgeous idea, the sweet scene behind the doors! Thanks for playing along with the Sweet Stampin' 'Use Some Old Stash' challenge. I LOVE what you did for this challenge. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a Beautiful design,love the window and the colouring.
Faith
x

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous card!! Love the pretty design!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Have a great day.
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Claire said...

Gorgeous project! Thanks so much for joining us at Colour Crazy Challenge this time
Claire xx

Jirawadee Susanthitapong said...

What a gorgeous card! The image is so cute. The window die cut makes your card even more interesting. Thank you for joining Addicted to Stamps challenge.
Sai