Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Christmas Horse and Cardinal

      Good morning (or afternoon or evening, whatever time it is when you visit.)  Today I have two posts done within minutes of each other and both are for different FarmQuest challenges.  This one is for the FarmQuest Country Christmas Challenge (FQCCC.)  In case you missed it, the FarmQuest General Store post is immediately before this one.  Be sure to check it out, too.

     The card was amazingly quick to make.  I know horses aren't exactly traditional CHRISTMAS critters, not like polar bears or penguins, but I found this incredible clip art image, pre-colored, and I just had to use it!  It was perfect for a country Christmas.  I merged the sentiment before printing it.  I added a few white highlights using a polychromos pencil.  I cut the image with a QuicKutz die before layering it on top of a background made with glittery mesh ribbon strips and burlap/baker's twine strings in the very middle.  Rather CAS and the whole thing took less than 15 minutes.


     Challenges:
Triple B (bird, blossoms)

     I hope we're going to see you playing along this month.  I know we're all focused on Christmas (and other December holiday) cards this month, so why not find an image with a country or farm theme and use it to enter our Country Christmas challenge?  See you there.

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

9 comments:

Arlene said...

I saw your card on Christmas Kickstart and had to come take a closer look. This horse was meant for Christmas.

Donna said...

Ohhhhhh this is absolutely gorgeous!
So perfect for the country Christmas theme and the wee pops of red in the cardinal, the mane and the background....awesome!
Thanks so much for playing along with the Christmas Kickstart Challenge and the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!!

Darlene said...

Well my daughter has horses and she would LOVE to receive a card like this for the holidays! GORGEOUS image and glad you used it! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth & Triple B challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Becca S said...

Outstanding country Christmas card! It is so crisp, clean, yet has a look of mystical serenity found in nature, especially after a snowstorm. Your execution of the card was excellent! The whole thing is pure loveliness and full of holiday charm! Thanks for being part of the DT! --Becca

Dotty Jo said...

What a beauty! And totally perfect for the new challenge at Christmas Kickstart - thanks so much for joining the fun with the Sisterhood and me, Jo x

Shona Erlenborn said...

Such a unique, yet gorgeous, Christmas card! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us over at the Holly and Ivy Challenge.

Susan said...

I'm a horse lover and rider so was immediately drawn to your card! What a beautiful image - I can see why you had to use it. Love the ribbon and twine background you created for it. Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth.

JulieP said...

You made this clipart look absolutely amazing!!! It's beautiful and I love the idea. Thanks so much for playing along with the Christmas Kickstart Challenge!

Maria Kana said...

Please Read.You have a great post here, Have anyone here know Goji Berries... yes... I tried those too.For my health conditions, Those sweet, red berries seemed to help, but only during the time when I consumed them. I don't want to take a drug for the rest of my life, so why would I want to take a natural supplement everyday for the rest of my life (although Goji berries are very tasty and are highly nourishing). To me this was not a cure either (and I'm LOOKING for the CURE).
Up to that point, I hadn't found a cure. I felt like a young jumbled mess. I continued to have extreme pain, but continued on my path to healing. I started to focus on myself and not everyone else. When I was a young adult, I took on too much responsibility out of a sense of obligation. This was no longer healthy for me, so I resigned from all my projects and groups. Those days to come were the best [and worst] days. I took a lot of time off work, yet begun to feel so extremely exhausted. Many health professionals "diagnosed" me with adrenal fatigue & Hiv,Prostate Cancer so my situation was annoying then I keep searching for permanent cure online that's when I came to know of Dr jekawo herbal doctor hands whom god has blessed with ancestral powers and a gift to heal people with disease like .Cancers,Alzheimer's disease,HPV,Men & Women Infertility,Melanoma, Mesothelioma, Diabetes, Multiple myeloma, Parkinson's disease,Neuroendocrine tumors,Herpes, Hiv/Aids,Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma,, chronic diarrhea, COPD,bring your ex back, Hepatitis... So I made a purchase of his herbal medicines and I have been watching my health for 6 years now and I actually confirmed that his herbal medicines are a permanent cure and I'm so happy that I came to know of his herbal healings.You can contact Dr Jekawo herbal doctor Email: drjekawo@gmail.com if you went through exactly what I go through in terms of health conditions because to be honest there is more to learn about natural herbs than medical drugs.