Thursday, April 13, 2017

Bouquet Basket Recycle

     Last week I shared with you a card I made by recycling parts of older cards which had gotten bent or damaged somehow and were ready for the trash can.  Before tossing them, I took what I thought could be recycled and set those bits aside for future use.  This is another of those projects.


I looked at the sketch at The Outlawz
and based my card design on it (layered shapes) but left out the
middle horizontal element.


     The bouquet basket is the part I rescued and recycled.  It had originally been stamped and heat embossed with silver EP, then colored with ProMarkers and gel pens.  I cut it off the old card, leaving enough deep green CS around it to look like a mat.

     For the background, I took some watercolor paper, dampened it, and applied green watercolor paint to it.  I let the paper absorb some of the watery color, then did a quick dry with a heat gun.  I added a spritz of shimmery gold ink and, after that dried, I ironed the paper to get it flat again.

     I used one of my die sets (Spellbinders) to cut it into three pieces, then layered those together, adhering the largest one directly onto the card front and putting the two inside pieces on dimensional dots.  I deliberately turned the smallest inside piece upside down because I liked breaking up the pattern of the watercolor and sprayed ink.  The bouquet basket also went on dimensional dots so there's plenty of depth and texture on the card.

     I really like the background pieces and plan to play around with more combinations of watercolors and sprayed inks.  I haven't done a sentiment yet because I'm undecided whether it's a Mother's Day card or a birthday card.

     Challenges:
Crafting by Designs
Crafty Addicts
Crafty Creations
I {heart} ProMarkers
Paper Sweeties
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Word Art Weds.

     Be sure to visit again tomorrow to see my DT card for the newest QKR Stampede challenge.  I think you'll find that my project tomorrow is a bit different from what I normally do with QKR.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

9 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Connie, love the bouquet and wonderful dies you have used to showcase this wonderful image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card! It brings me joy as I look at it and would be something I would frame. Great job! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations!
un abbraccio (it means hugs in Italian and is pronounced ah-brach-cho) :) LOL
Lisa

Clare Jones said...

Beautiful card, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers
Clare
x

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful card Connie. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny’s Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

At last I'm able to catch up, love this Connie, a beautiful card with lovely shading.
Faith
x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card. Love the flowers and the die cuts :) Thank you for joining us at Crafting by Design and good luck xxx

anne said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Pennys Paper Crafty Challenge. Anne DT

Unknown said...

Wow how elegant great design. Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts. Helen DT

Karen Letchworth said...

What a sweet card, Connie. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Paper Sweeties this month. I hope that you will stop by again soon.
Blessings,
Karen L