Thursday, March 2, 2017

Pigwit for St. Pat's

     OK, I was going crazy doing all the things needed to get the new challenge blog ready for it's April 1st debut (2craftycrittercrazies.blogspot.com) instead of doing some actual crafting so this morning I simply stole an hour out of my scheduled tasks to make this St. Patrick's Day card.

     I was born on St. Paddy's and my heritage is Irish on both sides of the family tree so you know I make St. Paddy's cards for all the grandkids.  Afterall, I want them celebrating their heritage, too.  :-D


Both the Pigwit image and the sketch can be found at From the Heart Stamps.


     I colored Pigwit with my ProMarkers, then cut him, the green mat, and the sentiment with oval dies from QuicKutz.  I added leaves, flowers, and the bow to the lower part of the card.  The flowers seemed to need gem centers, so I added those and then die cut the butterfly from a scrap of burlap paper and added another gem to it.

     Challenges:
Crafting by Designs
Crafty Cardmakers
Crafty Sentiments
Crazy Challenge
Cuttlebug Mania
Die Cuttin' Divas
Lemon Shortbread
Scrapy Land

      Well, since I'm on a roll with this one, and since I can stay up late tonight and work on the blog updates when it's quiet, I think I'll try to get one more card made for one of the progressive challenges I do each month.  Have a great afternoon and Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

jimlynn said...

TOOOOOO Cute! I've got to make time to get over there and start playing again. I love all those images and need to get off my duff and do it.
Love your card and the sketch you used for it too. Precious!
Lynn

Donna Ellis said...

Darling, Connie! I noticed that your birthday was on SP day, but did not realize you're Irish! Pig wit is adorable in his SP finery! Wonderful card! Hugs, de

Shelly said...

Oh gosh, this is so CUTE! What an adorable pig :)

Thank you for sharing with us at Die Cuttin' Diva's.
Shelly

DIANA L. said...

So adorable

*Vicki* said...

And this Pigwit is the perfect choice for your theme!! :) Absolutely adorable and what a great take on the sketch Connie! HUGS

Di said...

And another fun card Connie - I did giggle at 'pigwit' :) Lovely to see you playing again.

Hugs

Di xx
Cuttlebug Mania DT

Rae Ann said...

Love the way you used the sketch for this. The burlap butterfly adds great texture.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments for our Anything Goes challenge.

Maikreations said...

The cute pig made me smile ;o) Love how you gave it center stage! Thank you for joining our "Go Green" challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers! Happy crafting, Maike

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Aw! absolutely adorable.
Faith
x

Glenda Atkins said...

I am almost half Irish so adore anything green :O)! Your little pigwit is adorable and a great take on the sketch.
Hugs Glenda

Tip Top said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a double twist - hope to see you again next time! Don’t forget that we have a monthly progressive challenge too!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

What a sweet little pig, love the card too! Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx

Sarah Bell said...

Love your take on this sketch, now following your lovely blog! – thanks for joining in with the Lemon Shortbread Challenge – Sarah DT – if you would like to follow me here's mine :) http://magentasnowflake.blogspot.co.uk

Furrbster said...

Such a cute card!

Hugz Tinz