Sunday, December 6, 2015

Light of the World

     I decided it was time to play in the challenge over at Delicious Doodles.  I'm not sure when I played there last but since I wanted to use this beautiful image of the lamp post, drawn by Teri a couple of years ago, it seemed the right time to play again.


I used colors from Outlawz Color Challenge
(first column) and made sure I added one extra layer.


     I colored with ProMarkers, then used my newest set of Pinpoint Rectangle Dies from Memory Box to cut the image and two layers of CS for matting the image.  I cut the aqua background and adhered all the layers together on the card front.  The bow is die cut with a Cottage Cutz die. 

     Pretty CAS even with 4 layers.  Unfortunately, the bow in the image looks more red than it actually is.  IRL, it nearly matches the lighter pink of the die cut bow.  Oh, well, chalk that up to the magic of photography.

     Challenges:
Just Add Ink (Christmas, candle)

     OK, I've made a serious dent in the number of cards which have been commissioned and I'll still have time to make all the extra cards I want to donate to the senior center near my home.  I remember how much pleasure they got from the ones I dropped off last year.  So many seniors simply can't get out to buy cards or gift tags for their family or friends and having a stack of cards there at the center which they can then give to those people makes them oh, so happy.  :-D  So, you're going to see lots more Christmas cards from me over the next 2+ weeks.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

This is a beautiful card. I always love the look of a lantern decorated for the holiday season. Wonderful thing you are doing donating to the senior center. That helps them out tremendously. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Unknown said...

I love the image it is so countryside Christmas. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 212th FF AG challenge! Advent Blessings, Carole

Stampsnob. said...

Beautiful traditional card Perfectly colored TFS at Craft Rocket Challenges.....Lis DT

Linda Simpson said...

This is beautiful my friend, love the lamp and what a cute bow.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Clean and simple and beautiful! I say simple but then look at that gorgeous coloring, and it becomes more than simple. Just beautiful!
Lynn

Lisa J said...

I do love the traditional images. You did a great job with this. Thanks for sharing with us this month. Lisa DT Craft Rocket Challenges

Patrice said...

Just lovely, Connie. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. x

Kimbo said...

It is a lovely image and a beautiful card

Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz this week x

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful lantern image, and your fantastically coloring and shading techniques really bring it to life! I especially like your vibrant and festive colors and layers making it oh-so-pretty! Hope your week is extra happy! Hugs, de

Dawn said...

Great card NanaC! I love the image & I love the colours you've used!
HUgs
Dawn xx

Rae Ann said...

Love the colors you chose for this card. The piercing really makes each of the layers stand out.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes challenge.