Thursday, October 1, 2015

Mums and Butterflies

     It's time for the next monthly challenge over at Pattie's Creations and our new theme is "Fall or Halloween."  In honor of a new month and a new challenge, I bought a new type of die (new for me) and used it for the first time.  It's a reverse die, by Memory Box, meaning that when you use it, you have the negative space showing instead of the cut out piece.  Check out these butterflies.


I used the sketch from Sketch Saturday as my start
(using the butterflies as my diagonal)
and took the colors from Catch the Bug

     
   
     The image is called Pumpkin Watering Can with Mums and I love it!  It was fantastic to color and I used a die from Spellbinders to frame it.  The sentiment is mine.  I used two different colors of CS, both of which have been embossed with my 'Linen' folder.

     I chose glitter-striped ribbon to add some sparkle, put a few pearls on the butterflies, and finally added a little bling to the bottom corner.  Do I even need to tell you that I LOVE this card?  :-D

     Challenges:
613 Avenue Create
A Gem of a Challenge
Classy Cards n Such
Colour Your World
Crafting by Designs
Craft Your Passion
Die Cuttin' Divas
Dream Valley (Top row)
Little Claire's
Not Just Cards
Pencil Case
Through the Craft Room Door

     I have no idea how much crafting I'm going to get done this upcoming week.  I have some doctor appointments, some classes related  to Type 2 Diabetes, and am also going to be out of town for a couple of days during the week.  I'll get my DT work done and pre-scheduled but may not have much else to post.  I'll play it by ear and see what gets done.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

19 comments:

Diane said...

Beautiful card...and love your new die...how perfect it was for the sketch! Thank you for joining us at Classy Cards 'n Such for our "Feeling Fall-ish challenge! Hope to see you back next week!
Diane CCNS DT

Donna Ellis said...

Oh! how gorgeous this is Connie! xo

Virgo5 said...

This is beautiful, and I love your new die! Thanks for joining in our Challenge at Catch The Bug!

Sandra DeFalco said...

NC - not only do you love this card, but I LOVE it too! Great coloring of the image, and perfect papers to go with it!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful card, love everything about it.

Pattie G said...

NanaConnie,

This is so pretty! I love how you colored my image and your die cuts are perfect for this card.

Hugs
Pattie ♥

Niki Rowland said...

Wow I love the effect of the negative die - awesome. Great take on the sketch too. Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday, Niki xx

CA Scrapper said...

That is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

Leslie

Sheila H said...

Your card is gorgeous - the die cuts are awesome. Love your design and colors. Thanks for sharing your art with us at 613 Avenue Create.

Lynsey said...

Beautiful autumn card! Thanks for joining in with a Gem of a Challenge this time!
Hugs Lynsey x

Jackie Scott said...

What an awesome Butterfly die cut out, the colors really make it pop! Beautiful card!

wannabcre8tive said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I love the butterfly die. I think that one is on my wish list. Thank you for joining us for the Classy Cards N Such blog challenge.

Jen Leeflang said...

What a pretty card! Thanks for playing in our colour challenge this week at Bugaboo Stamps. Please come again soon!
luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Bugaboo DT

Mulberry Mindy said...

Another beautiful fall card! That die worked out just right, and looks so pretty with your stamped image. Thank you for joining our weekly challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such.
Mindy~CCNS~DT






















`

Denise Pustelniak said...

What a great job you did with the sketch and the colors!
Thank-you for joining us at Color Your World!

Anonymous said...

What a creative use of the negative space from the butterfly dies. You could probably use them for shaker cards, too.

Thank you for sharing it with us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

Evelyn

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! Really vibrant colours and I love that image!
Thanks for joining our challenge over at the pencil case this fortnight!
Hugs xx Cara DT xx

joy said...

love how you have used the negative to frame out your card. Thank you for joining us in the Classy Cards 'n Such Challenge.

Helen said...

Great card - love those butterflies.


Thanks for joining us at Little Claire

Helen
(DT Member)