Friday, March 8, 2024

Too Old for Easter?

      A new challenge begins today at Crafty Catz, where our theme is always "Anything Goes" but we also give you an optional twist if you choose to use it.  This week the option is to do a monochromatic (all one color) card except for the image you use.  I did an Easter card and I just couldn't settle for one color so I did the Anything Goes part instead of the monochrome.  Our sponsor this week is Di's Digi Stamps but they don't supply images for the DT to use so I chose an Easter image from my own collection of digital images.

     That adorable little Easter chick is clip art from a coloring book (I cannot remember what company - sorry) which I reduced in size, printed in grayscale, and colored with a combination of pencils, Sanjoki markers, and gel pens.

     Once it was colored, I scanned the original and printed it 32 times!  Yes, I made 32 Easter cards with this same image and sentiment.  These are going into boxes put together by the group of College Student moms who meet once a month throughout the school year to fill 'Care Packages' for their college student kids.  Each mom brings the same kind of goodie, enough for 30-odd boxes, and we each fill the box for our own college kid from the collection of things donated.

     OK, now back to the card.  I thought that sentiment fit perfectly with the expression of disappointment on the chick's face and that also allowed for the use of a cutesy chick image that works on cards for college-aged kids.  It's also pretty gender neutral.  I cut up scraps of paper from my leftovers stash and used maybe 10 or 12 different papers for the backgrounds on the card fronts, then added the same image and sentiment to each card.  I kept them really CAS except for the papers.


FYI, I did make a card with everything done in shades of 'Easter chick yellow'
 but it just didn't work for me.  I guess in my head, 
Easter requires lots of different colors.  :-D
     Challenges:
As You Like It
Outlawz Thurs (blue/vintage/dp)

    I hope you're going to come and play with us this week.  Feel free to do something monochromatic or just Anything Goes.  We love seeing what our players create.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

7 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

He is so cute a delightful card Have a lovely weekend
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AW! Cute overload. x

Elizabeth Hart said...

He is so cute and not too old for Easter. Adorable. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge

Diane said...

So adorably cute and beautifully colored, 32 cards, WOW, I am totally impressed and also what a fabulous idea you all had to do this!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

ScrappyHorses said...

Oh my, how sweet is this image; your coloring is beautiful! I know the college students are going to love this in their Easter Care Package! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday! ~Katrina

theras kartenblog said...

Wonderful and super cute!
Thanks for playing along with us at Friendship Challenge.
Good luck and happy crafting!
Ilse (thera)

Jinny said...

How sweet is that! And nobody is too old for Easter :) Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny