Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Easter Eggs for the Dragon

      Dragons are so fierce and fire-breathing that the Easter Bunny is rarely (if ever!) willing to brave their dens to leave Easter eggs for them.  But this brave bunny (hiding behind the rock) took the risk and this dragon is so excited, she may never breathe fire again.  lol  

     This card is obviously for my granddaughter who is crazy about dragons (as am I) and she expects all holiday cards to include dragons.  I search constantly to find images, clip art, digital stamps, whatever, so that I can make cards for her with appropriate dragons on them.  Sometimes, I have to just use a dragon image I already have and turn it into a celebration of the holiday but this time I found a wonderful dragon which I printed in grayscale and colored with Sanjoki markers.

     I cut the image using a Tonic Studios die, and the sentiment was cut with an Avery Elle die.  The sparkle behind the dragon is a layer of glitter CS which covers the entire card front.  I added white gel pen to the "Happy Easter" part of the image to make it stand out a bit.


     Challenges:

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

5 comments:

theras kartenblog said...

Wonderful! I love the image so much.
Thanks for joining us at Friendship Challenge. Good luck and best wishes!
Ilse (thera)

karin said...

So funny! Your granddaughter will love this card.
Thanks for joining the challenge at Carlin's Kaartenparadijs.
Karin DT

carla said...

That's a funny card.
Very beautiful.
Thank jou for joining us at carlin's kaartenparadijs challenge.
Good Luck !
Carla

Uschi said...

What a great funny card. This dragon will have an unforgettable Easter. And maybe this bunny too :). A really great picture and great coloring. Great layer of glitter underneath. For me it really underlines this overwhelming scene.
Thank you for submitting this stunning card for the current Do-Al(l) Creative Challenge.
Hugs, Uschi

Sari / Granne said...

Your granddaughter must have loved this card, so fun with awesome dragon. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore #121 Challenge.