Sunday, March 10, 2024

A Lazy St. Patrick's Day

      I'm one of those lucky individuals who celebrates her birthday on St. Patrick's Day but I'm also of Irish decent on both sides of my family tree!  My way of celebrating my Irish heritage is to make St. Patrick's cards for all the kids in my family; a way of reminding them that they, too, have an Irish heritage.  :-D

     Those of you who follow my blog probably already know about the running "cow" theme with my youngest granddaughter and St. Patrick's makes no exception.  I searched for cow images related to St. Paddy's Day and found an entire collection of them in digital coloring book form.  I've used many of the pages for cards this month, reduced to accommodate my need for card size, and colored most of them with either water color pencils or Sanjoki markers.  Those same images also come in pre-colored versions, but I print those in grayscale and color them myself.  I do that because the shading and highlights are still there and that gives my own coloring a marvelous 'finished' look!  Try it, you'll be delighted with the results.

     I cut this image with an old QuicKutz die, then snipped off the corners with deliberately different sizes, although the angle is the same on each corner.  I managed to do that by using one of my quilting mats, penciling in the line I wanted to cut, then cutting those with scissors.  The background paper is from K & Co.   Pretty CAS except for the design in the paper. 


     Challenges:
Inspiration Station (St Pat's celebration)

     I'll share another couple of these with you later in the week.  In the meantime, Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cow is adorable and your coloring is amazing 🤩 Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By!

Donna Walls said...

How adorable, Cows and Pigs are the "in" thing at the minute, great card. Thanks for sharing at The Inspiration Station Challenge! We hope you'll share again soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Oh my, how adorable is this... Yes, it's always nice to have the pre-shading affect of the digi files and then use colors you want. Love the layout and adorable image... thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

Kellianne said...

That cow is so stinkin cute!!! Great card for the challenge at Double Trouble. Thanks for joining us! :)