Monday, October 1, 2018

Thankful for Autumn Deer

     "Autumn Deer" - that's the name of this beautiful image from Ching-Chou Kuik, who just happens to be our sponsor for the October challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies.  As always, the theme is "Anything Goes with a Featured Critter."  Ching-Chou Kuik provided images for the DT to use and a few of us also used images from our own collection so be sure to check out the challenge post to see all of the images used by our DT.


     This time I colored with a combination of polychromos pencils and ProMarkers, then I cut the image with a die from Spellbinders.  I took some of the tiny leaves (which are the negative bits that fell out of the die cut) and colored them, then scattered them across the card as though they were blown by an autumn wind.

     I found a scrap of brown CS, ran it through my "Linen" embossing folder, and mounted it onto a kraft card front.  I wrapped the card front in coral ribbon and added the sentiment, plus one of my favorite hand-sewn bows.  The bow was originally white but I use ProMarkers to 'dye' it the color I wanted.  This card is pretty CAS and can be easily mailed.

     A couple of posts ago, I told you that winter was my favorite season but I was in the middle making Christmas cards and that definitely influenced my choice.  Truth be told, I love autumn best.  After a long, usually very hot summer, the cooler nights of fall and the smell of rainstorms rolling in satisfy me in a way little else does.  I used to be thrilled that football was back but I gave up watching televised football games when I became disillusioned with the NFL.  Still, I love autumn because it means cooler weather and a chance to craft with all those autumn colors which I tend to ignore the rest of the year.

     Challenges:
As You Like It
Ching-Chou Kuik
C.R.A.F.T.
Cute Card Thurs.
House that Stamps Built
Outlawz Twisted Thurs.
Paper Shelter
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Simon Says Stamp
Word Art Weds.

     I hope we're going to see you playing along in our October challenge.  We love seeing what you create and there's no limitation on what you make as long as it features a critter of some sort.

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

9 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Wow Connie, your coloring on this image is really stunning!! LOVE the Autumn colors on your design and I am absolutely thrilled to be on a team with you once again my friend! :) Speaking of DTs...Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

P.S. Thank you also for sharing about my give-away! Wishing you lots of luck!! HUGS

Lori Kobular said...

OMG!! That deer is just so sweet! I love the way he/she is looking up at her dear friend! You colored it beautifully, the Spellbinders frame die you used to cut it out! Really special card that makes me smile!!

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Connie, I love the image and you have coloured this beautifully. The frame just makes the image 'pop'.
Hugs
Linda xxxx

Elaine Stark said...

Adorable. Thanks for joining our challenge. Elaine GDT for C.R.A.F.T. challenge.

Donna Ellis said...

How beautiful Autumn-laden your masterpiece is, Connie! I love the way your talented fingers colored and caressed each tiny leaf and berry in her floral spray! Wow! Such control of your hands! The artist has a way of allowing our crafty hearts to mingle with her own in the artwork - I love the soulful feel of each of her creations. This is SO BEAUTIFUL! hugs, de

Louise F NZ said...

Wonderful card :)
Great colouring.
Thanks for playing along at The Paper Shelter Challenge.

Carol L said...

OH what a sweet image and great card! I love how you colored this and I love the little deer too! I like fall as well, but became horrified at watching the violent contact in what used to be football, so I no longer watch it either.

Heather said...

Beautiful! That image is gorgeous and I love the texture on your background. And that beautiful coral ribbon!! So yummy! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Zw@@n said...

Beautiful card, Connie. I love the image and colours. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma