Monday, October 8, 2018

Amaryllis Sprite

     I am just mad about most of the 'sprite' images drawn by Mitzi at AuroraWings and this Amaryllis Sprite is no exception.  I've had her for a while and this is the first chance I've had to use her for a Christmas card.  I remember my mom had amaryllis bulbs planted in her garden and each year at Christmas time, they gave a huge pop of color to an otherwise hibernating plant bed.  I guess when I see amaryllis, they will always mean Christmas to me.


     I colored with ProMarkers and added highlights with gel ink before cutting the image with a Memory Box die.  The sentiment came from QKR Stampede and it's cut with another die from that same Memory Box set.  I inked the edges of both die cuts with ProMarkers.

     The red background paper is from my Christmas stash and I have no idea who made it.  I found that scrap of sheet music, tore the edges a bit more, and added it to the background.  The bow was tied using burlap ribbon.

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps & More
Crafty Creations
Creative Fingers
Outlawz Festive Friday
Paper Shelter
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Scrappy Land
Simon Says Stamp
Winter Wonderland

     Thanks for visiting and Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! this is gorgeous, LOVE your colouring and background papers. Yep! they mean Christmas to me too. :)
Faith
x

Linda Simpson said...

This is stunning Connie, your colouring on this sweet sprite is fabulous.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Macimbalo said...

So pretty! Love the music background too! Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM!!!

*Vicki* said...

Wow, this is such a great image indeed and you've done such an amazing job with the coloring Connie! That muscial background paper adds a great design element! HUGS

Anna-Karin said...

This is very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT

Kath said...

A lovely card and beautiful image. Thank you for sharing at Winter Wonderland.
Kath x

Inkyfingers said...

What a lovely card - your sprite is so pretty and I love the music background.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
Hugs
Carol x

Lena said...

So cute!! Beautiful layout and image.. Thanks for playing with us at TPS this week! Good Luck! Hug Lena

Shelly Schmidt said...

I can see why you are 'mad' for these images! Beautifully done!!!

Chrissy said...

So pretty, I love the cute Sprite..
Thank you so much for sharing your project with us at Winter Wonderland..
Luv CHRISSYxx

karto_flana said...

Lovely image :)
Thank You for joining us at Creative Fingers Challange, DT Ella.

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Connie, what a gorgeous Christmas card! I've always wanted to have an amaryllis blooming at Christmas and the red and white ones are my fave. Love the detail in your coloring and the lovely music in the background. Thanks so much for joining our "Inspired by Music" challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

Mary M said...

Cute card. Thanks for joining us Scrapy Land Challenge 99.

Michelle said...

Great card!

Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge! Hope to see back again soon :)
Michelle-DT