Sunday, October 28, 2018

Stencil Christmas Tree

     Last year, when the Linda Simpson Designs blog was still holding challenges and I was part of the DT, I got this wonderful Christmas Tree stencil.  Unfortunately, it arrived in my mailbox when I was off on my holiday travels so I never did get to use it.  But this year, I dug it out and this is my first (but definitely not last) card using it. 


     I used removable tape to put the stencil down on white CS and just colored the tree instead of using it for dimensional pastes.  I started coloring with ProMarkers, then added white gel pen for the 'snow.'  The star and tree trunk are also done with ProMarkers.  I cut the corners with two different Fiskars punches, then matted the image with a scrap piece of red CS.

     The dp came from my Christmas stash of papers and I think it's from Doodlebug.  The burgundy ribbon is also a scrap.  I tied a double loop, double layer, bow using my bow maker.  After looking at the photo, I think I may add a die cut "Merry Christmas" sentiment to the top.

     Challenges:
12 Months of Christmas
Country View Crafts
Craft-Dee BowZ
Crafts Galore Encore
Crafty Hazelnut's
Crafty Hazelnut's DP
Hiding in My Craft Room
Jo's Scrap Shack
Scribbles Designs
So Suzy/Crackerbox

     OK, I finally got a post up for today.  I was beginning to think everything would have to wait until tomorrow.  It seems that every project I started got interrupted with something else which had to be done right then, and that led to another something which required immediate attention.  Ever have one of those days?  Yeah, me, too - too often!  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

10 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

This tree turned out gorgeous! What a great stencil! Love your card!

Linda Simpson said...

This looks fabulous Connie, love the way you have used the stencil and the papers.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Carole J said...

Lovely Christmas card, Connie. Great stencilled tree, pretty papers and a gorgeous bow! Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” October Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again next month!
Carole x DT

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is one sweet card!

*Vicki* said...

Really gorgeous Christmas design Connie! Glad you've pulled out the stencil to use as this is so pretty! Love the bits of snow coverage too! HUGS

Miriam said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining in with the Country View Crafts Challenge.

Suze said...

What a gorgeous stencil - don't know how you waited so long to use it! Thank you for joining in the card challenge at 12 Months Of Christmas with the optional theme of Gear Up For Christmas.

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Lovely card. Thank you very much for joining our challenge at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge. Hope to see you next time.
Hugs, Iwona

Teresa said...

Thanks so much for joining in the challenge at Country View Challenges. Good luck and hope to see you again. Teresa DT

Susan Renshaw said...

Love that tree!

Thanks for sharing with 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!

SUSAN DT

DT for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!