Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Fancy Sunbonnet's Thanksgiving

     One more quick post for you today because the rest of the week I have a ton of posts lined up, including 4 tomorrow for the first of the month! 

     For this one, I used a cute image from Bugaboo Stamps; one of their sweet Fancy Sunbonnet images, and this one is perfect for Thanksgiving.


I started with the sketch from the Outlawz
and color inspiration from Catch the Bug.

  

     I  love using autumn colors because they reflect my favorite season, mirroring the leaves drifting off the trees and the clear skies of a crisp fall day.

     I used ProMarkers to color the image and a die from QuicKutz to cut it.  The sentiment was also cut with an oval die from QuicKutz.  I embossed the golden CS with my Linen folder.  The bits of dp above and below the sentiment were scraps left on my table from some other project.

     The ribbon is from Crafty Ribbons and the bow is one of my hand-sewn bows, made by the dozens and put into my stash for future use.  I added the pearl when I was making the bow.

      Challenges:
Art Impressions
As You Like It
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Friends
Cutie Pie
Hiding in My Craft Room
Time Out

     That's it for today and I hope you'll visit all my posts tomorrow.  Feel free to take your time.  No need to rush though all of them in the morning.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

10 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

I love the fall leaves on the Sunbonnet Sue's bonnet! So adorable and I could swear I smell the turkey!!

Elaine Stark said...

An adorable card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

*Vicki* said...

I think these images are so so cute!! Love the fantastic colors of your design and how you've fit it into those challenges!! HUGS

Stephanie said...

This is so cute, great take on our color challenge! Thanks for playing along at Catch The Bug!

Pat K said...

Oh this is a great Thanksgiving card. Love that cute Bugaboo image. Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge. Pat K xx

Jil Lebel said...

Such a fun image! It makes me think of Holly Hobby from my childhood in the 70's. Great job with all of the layers. Thanks for joining in on the fun with the Lots of Layers challenge at the Art Impressions blog. Jil

Anita in France said...

What a sweet image, Connie ... and great colouring on this warm and welcoming Thanksgiving card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Lisa Kind said...

Ooh thanksgiving! My favorite holiday because of the food and time of year. Love your card. So cute! Thanks for playing our Time Out challenge!

Anne said...

Thanks for playing along with the As You Like It challenge Connie - good luck!

Anne x
https://learningtojive.blogspot.com/
http://asyoulikeitchallenge.blogspot.com/

Brenda said...

This image is very nostalgic for me, reminds me of a quilt I had was a child. Your card is lovely, Thanksgiving colors, turkey and all! Thanks for playing along at As You Like It Challenge!