Monday, October 1, 2018

Bite Me?

     Limited Runs is running their September/October Progressive Challenge and their freebie image is "The Count."  I thought the image was hysterically funny and here's what I did with it.


I used the sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.

     First, let me say that the colors in this photo are completely off!  The spiderweb papers are actually violet and the bow is purple, not blue.  The plaid papers stayed pretty much true, thankfully.  I have re-photographed this a dozen times but the colors are still wonky.

     I used ProMarkers to color the image and cut it with a Sizzix die.  All four of the dp squares were cut with Unbranded dies and the sentiment was cut with a die from QuicKutz.  The papers are from Graphic 45 and both ribbons came from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I used my bow maker to tie the double loop bow.

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Cardz TV
Craft-Dee Bowz
Crafty Creations
Crafty Friends
Crafty Gals Corner
Creative Moments
Scrapy Land

     Tomorrow is the start of a new month, October!  How did it get to be October already?  Sheesh - it feels like I'm just now recovering from the whirlwind of holidays last winter.  lol  Oh, well, that just means I'll have a pile of DT first-of-the-month posts over the next 24 hours, including one that's brand new for me.  That's all the hint you get right now.  Be sure to check back as your schedule allows.

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

8 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

I love this Connie, the image is brilliant, beautifully coloured and love the papers and bow.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Kathie said...

Love this image Connie what a great Halloween card. Great sketch to use up all those scrap pieces of paper. Great card and thanks so much for sharing your card with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT

*Vicki* said...

This vampire actually gives me a chuckle! I think he's cute and you've colored him beautifully my friend! What a stunning layout and fantastic papers! HUGS

Lori Kobular said...

Ha ha ha!! I love that sentiment with that vampire's face! Just too funny and spooky!! Love it!

Megan Flynn - Papercraft Artist said...

What a lovely card, the blue bow is to die for really sets it off great job https://thehappycraftchallenge.blogspot.com/

Cards By Leona said...

Great layout. Thank you for joining us at the Creative Moments Challenge. Leona xx

Fikreta said...

so great!
Thank you for joining us at Creative Moments challenge!
Hope to see you again!

Barbara Bruder said...

Oh my gosh, what a fun card. Great saying for that image. Thanks so much for entering your lovely card into our 'Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow' challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ this month. I look forward to seeing what you create for our next challenge. Hugs, Barbara