Saturday, March 16, 2019

A Rose for Mom

     Isn't this the cutest image?   It's from Di's Digi Designs and their current challenge is a TicTacToe board.  I did the top row of  Sentiment/ Flower/ Hand-colored.


I stared with colors in the Color Dare #333 challenge at
Color My Heart.  I used colors from the first column
plus Clover green (3rd column) and neutrals of gray and brown.

     I colored with ProMarkers and added little highlights with gel inks.  I cut a square, then used a Fiskars corner punch on all four corners.  I did the same with the two matting layers.

     I chose a plaid paper from Lawn Fawn and used it for my card front.  The little strip is also from that same dp. 

     I printed and matted the sentiment, hand cutting each layer.  I used a Spellbinders die to cut the two white flowers from mulberry paper and used a mat behind them before adding the sentiment piece.

     Challenges:
Crafty Friends
Crafter's Castle
Dragonfly Dreams
Ellibelle's Crafty Weds.
Outlawz SAR
Sasayaki Glitter
SUYP Cats

     Thanks for visiting.  I hope to be able to get around to some of my favorite blogs this weekend.  I do miss seeing what you've posted when time is so crunched.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is just adorable, love the sweet kitty and gorgeous rose.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna Ellis said...

Aw, so cute, Connie! Beautifully colored, too! Your white flower theme looks amazing. At first glance, I thought the white flowers on either side of your sentiment were white kitty paws! DUH! What can I say? Such a sweet, lovely feminine creation! hugs, de

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable card, great design, Love that cute kitty and the plaid paper!!

Monica C. said...

Oh my goodness, this is so adorable! I love it.
Hugs Monica

*Vicki* said...

Awe!! That image is so adorable!! Fabulous coloring and really love the plaid papers you've used with it!! HUGS :)

Ellibelle said...

What a sweet card! Love the image and wonderful colors!
Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month where it's all about spring or add something green. Hope you play along again soon!
Ellie

CatScrapbooking said...

What a sweet kitty! So glad you could join us at Color Dare!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Adorable image, fantastic coloring, nice choice of colors, and love the layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

Larissa said...

So very sweet! I love what you did with the sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at the Di's digi designs challenge.

Hugs,
Larissa

Ela said...

Sweet card with the little kitty. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Friends. Hugs Ela DT

Lisa J said...

This is so cute. Thanks for joining in with our challenge this month at Dragonfly Dreams. Lisa DT

Crafty Pink Pixie said...

Super sweet card; love the image and the pink plaid paper! Thank you for joining the Crafter’s Castle’s March Challenge! –Tasha ☺

debi said...

That little kitty is the sweetest! Thanks for sharing at Color Dare!

ike said...

Wonderful. A super sweet card and fur-bulous colouring.
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges. =^..^=
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog