Saturday, March 16, 2019

Chick or Duckling?

     I just had to give you a second post today.  I fell in love with this adorable image.

     Remember the age-old question about which came first, the chicken or the egg?  Well, for today, we want to know if what's in the egg is a chick or a duckling?  I'm doing more Easter cards, some of them for a friend who needs 8 cards total, and she and I are having a debate over which this is.  I think it's a little chicken but maybe it's the way I colored the beak that makes it look like it could be a duck.

     The image is from Angie's Digital Stamps.


     I colored with ProMarkers and polychromos pencils, then cut the image with a Tonic Studios die.  The background is a piece of scrap dp as is the plaid strip across the bottom.  I printed and hand cut the sentiment, inking the edges before applying it on top of the plaid strip.

     I found another scrap of yellow, gingham, ribbon and tied the bow using my bow maker.

     Challenges:
Crafty Cardmakers
Crafty Creations
Crafty Sentiments
Creative Inspirations
Cute N Crafty
Get Creative
Happy Craft
House that Stamps Built (middle row)
Work It Weds.

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

Monica C. said...

This is so cute! I think it is a duck.
Putting my GDT hat on this time.
Thank you for joining the Cute N Crafty challenge.
Monica C. GDT Cute N Crafty

Maud's Creations said...

To b e itblooks liken a little chick, but it's beautifull coloured. Thanks for joining in on the Anything goes Challenge at the Happy Craft Challenge Community

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I think is a chick :) Lovely Easter card!

Heather said...

This is very cute! Love that fun background paper! I'd say it is definitely a chick as the beak is my smaller than a duck bill would be and it is shaped like a chicken beak. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

*Vicki* said...

That is one really adorable chick Connie!! Such a lovely design with the green patterns too!!

Gina's Cards said...

Awww such an adorable card and a sweet image. Thank you for playing along at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
Hugs
Gina xx

Glenda Atkins said...

Super cute card Connie and I am loving your shades of green. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers. Have a great day!
hugs
Glenda

Sue from Oregon said...

Adorable!

Esther Asbury said...

Awww...what an adorable image on your sweet Easter card! So happy you linked up to the Tic Tac Toe Challenge over on The House that Stamps Built.

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

This card is very cute. Thanks for entering our Spring Green Challenge at Creative Inspirations and good luck, Jayne DT

Donna said...

Such an adorable and well designed card, glad you joined us at The House That Stamps Built!

tanner alina said...

Such a cute card ! Thank you for joining us at Angie`S Digital Stamps Challenge!
Alina T DT

Irene said...

so cute...thank you so much for joining with us at Get Creative Challenges.
Irene (DT) Made In Borgo