Friday, March 22, 2019

Bribery Works

     Good morning on a lovely spring Friday!  We have another new challenge starting at QKR Stampede and our theme is always Anything Goes.  I have a fun card today, which is not only a total fantasy but is a take off on the old Tortoise and Hare fairy tale.  In this version, it takes a bit of bribery to keep the old turtle moving along.  lol

     The image is from QKR and is called "Bribery Goes Far."  I did my best to make it look like springtime since yesterday was the first day of Spring here in the Northern Hemisphere.  :-D


I used the colors from My Favorite Things
although my blue background is not quite dark enough
the rest of the colors are found in the image.


     I used ProMarkers and water color pencils on the image, then cut it with a stitched die from Lawn Fawn.  The blue background piece was cut with an Altenew die.  I put everything onto a kraft card base and added the metal brads to the upper and lower corners.

     I want to share with you a new technique I tried with the Altenew die.  I prefer dies over stencils but that's mostly because I have so many dies and so few stencils.  So I cut some very heavy CS with this particular Altenew die, then used the cut CS as a stencil to get perfectly aligned polka dots on a background piece.  I need a bit more practice but I'll share the results with you in a few more days.

     I printed the sentiment and cut it with the smallest Lawn Fawn die but I had to adjust the placement and cut twice to get the long rectangle shape out of a square die.

     Challenges:
As You Like It
Aud Sentiments
Brown Sugar
Colour Crazy
Cute Card Thurs.
Double Trouble  (all 3)
Outlawz Greetings
Penny's Paper Crafty
Take It, Make It

     Please come play along in our challenge this week, won't you?  You are NOT required to use images from QKR Stampede but if you do (or use one from our sister company, Eureka Stamps), your entry will go into a separate draw and that increases your chances of winning by a huge amount!  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Connie, love the sentiment and wonderful image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Betta said...

This card is fantastic with a super funny imagine!!! 😂😂😂
Thanks for entering it into the trasportation challenge at Brown Sugar Challenge Blog. Good luck in the draw and hope you can join us again for our next challenge.
Kissssssssssssssssssssss
Bettascrap DT

papercraftingprincess said...

Looks like you're going to get no where fast, LOL! Your card reminds me of a photo my husband has of his son & daughter on their horse with a carrot on a stick. Seriously though, your card is colored delightfully.
Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble.

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous creation Connie! Thank you for sharing with us over at Colour Crazy! Hope to see you again!
~ DT Sherry xx

Jackie C said...

It sure does! Just perfect for the Challenge! Great project! Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy. Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Nana, great card, love the background die cut against the kraft and what a great job on your coloring. Such a fun image and great mode of transportation. When I go to zoos now and see those very large tortoises I think I would like to ride on one because they a much lower to the ground than riding a horse if you fall off And like their slower pace...lol. Thanks for sharing with us Double Trouble and Brown Sugar.

Lori Kobular said...

Love it!! That sentiment with that adorable image makes me smile!!

Monica C. said...

That image is hilarious! Beautifully colored and card composition is great too.
Hugs Monica

Lynne said...

A super card and the sentiment made me smile. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow that image is so so CUTE Connie! I love your coloring and what a fantastic layout you've done with this!! I'd say these guys have "Spring fever" for sure!! LOL!! (Some day I will catch up with everything!) Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

Margo said...

You're card is just fabulous !
Thank you for joining us at Colouf Crazy Craft Challenges
Margo DT

Margo said...

You're card is just fabulous !
Thank you for joining us at Colouf Crazy Craft Challenges
Margo DT

Jackie C said...

Just perfect for the Challenge! Great project! Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy. Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

Melanie R said...

Wonderfully humorous card, Connie! Your coloring is great and I see no mismatch with the blues - it all flows beautifully. Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble and Brown Sugar Challenges.