Sunday, March 17, 2019

Basket of Chicks

                                HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!



     A huge "Thank You" to my dear friend, Donna, for this adorable Irish dancer!  Now, let's get to my post for today...

     Probably the best way to get little spring chicks to 'follow you home' is to transport them in a basket!   As a child, "It followed me home" was always the best excuse I could muster for keeping the latest stray pet who needed to be loved and cuddled.  Those were usually kittens or puppies, but bunnies or baby chicks would have been welcome, too.  I admit I didn't think about transporting them home in a basket but if I had, I would have done it!

     This sweet Penny Black stamp takes me back to childhood.  :-D


     I colored with a combination of water colors and ProMarkers, then cut the image with a Sizzix die.  Both of the smaller circles were cut with Sizzix dies also.

     I wanted the card design to be CAS so I added no embellishment beyond the die cut circles, simply laying those onto a deep gray, CS, background.  The CS was embossed with my Linen folder.

     Challenges:
2 Sisters on the Blog
Addicted to CAS
A Gem of a Challenge
Brown Sugar (Carried in a basket? lol)
Ching-Chou Kuik
Jo's Scrap Shack
Penny Black Saturday
Penny Black and More
Scrap from Your Heart
SUYP Cats

     I think this will be the only post for today but since I gave you a twofer yesterday, that should be sufficient.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

17 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So so cute!!! :)

Donna Ellis said...

Remember those soft, fuzzy, pipe-cleaner sort of little chicks that were in our Easter Baskets - gosh, I remember that they were still available when I made my son's baskets up! They were so cute! Your sweet PB kitty has a treasure trove of the real thing, merrily peeping their little hearts out! I would love having chickens here for fresh eyes, and insect patrol, but we have hawks galore in our area, and night time visitors like foxes and coyotes - not sure what my kitty would do. Your card design is darling, and of course, your trademark fun sentiment on the inside! hugs, de

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my! Connie this is just the cutest card and love the image of the pussycat with the chicks. Simply adorable.
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

Awe!! What a precious image and beautifully colored too Connie!! Love your card!! HUGS

Barb Ghig said...

This stamp takes me back to my childhood, too...Beautiful coloring and darling card, Connie! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

Nicolette said...

What a cute card.
Thank you for sharing it at.
Nicolette DT 2Sistersontheblog

brenda said...

A really sweet creation using that fun Kitty and Chicks image for our 'Going Round in Circles' theme at Penny Black and More challenge, thanks so much for joining in the fun.

B x

Loose Stitches said...

Oh, such an adorable creation NanaConnie! Thank you for sharing with us over at Ching-Chou Kuik's Challenge. We hope to see you again.
~ DT Sherry xx

Linby said...

I love your sentiment and a great reminder of your childhood too. This is such a sweet card.
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.
Lynn x
DT

Sue Crease said...

Oh so adorable. Cutest image here. Thanks for sharing at A Gem of a Challenge

Ellibelle said...

Such a cute card, love the circle shapes with scallops and the image is just so sweet! Thank you so much for joining us at Penny Black and more challenge this week!

Caroline said...

Lovely and so cute!
Thanks for sharing it with us.
Caroline DT 2Sistersontheblog

Malene said...

So sweet!! Thanks for joining us at scrap from your heart. Regards dt-Malene

Monica C. said...

Such a sweet card and great coloring on the adorable image.
Hugs Monica

Nélida Cordón said...

So cute!!!
I love people who rescue animals, such a big heart.
Thank you for sharing this beauty with us at Ching Chou Kuik's challenge blog.
Hugs

Betta said...

Hello!
You have made a wonderful card. Thanks for entering it into the trasportation challenge at Brown Sugar Challenge Blog. Good luck in the draw and hope you can join us again for our next challenge.
Kissssssssssssssssssssss
Bettascrap DT

ike said...

Such a darling card. I have just hatched 6 chicklets in my incubator :-)
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges. =^..^=
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog