Friday, March 8, 2019

A Friendly Hello

     I've been on the DT at QKR Stampede for 5 years, give or take, and I can't believe that after doing that many cards for our weekly challenges, I had overlooked this image!  It's called "Sante Fe Mouse."  Another new challenge is starting today (Always Anything Goes) and I'm really tickled with this simple, southwestern flavored, greeting card with it's very simple sentiment.


     I colored the image with ProMarkers and cut him with a die from Tonic Studios.  I mounted him onto a yellow card base which had been embossed with my 'Linen' embossing folder.  The "hello" sentiment was cut from a tiny scrap of dp with a Poppy Stamps die.  I want to use this as a masculine card so I did no additional embellishment.

     Challenges:
Coloring in Scrapland
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Sentiments
Cute Card Thurs.
Digi Choosday
Dream Valley
Ike's World
Lemon Shortbread
Papercraft
TTCRD
   
     It's Friday and I hope you have lots of wonderful plans for your weekend.  Be sure to include some play time for yourself.  Think of it as charging your batteries.  If your battery is dead, you'll have nothing to give to your kids, family, or anyone else, and you know how they all rely on you.  Play time for yourself is critical and actually benefits everyone!   :-D  Happy Crafting.   NanaConnie

15 comments:

Jo said...

Lovely card NanaConnie although that mouse looks like he's up to no good to me lol! Love the simple sentiment.....one of my favourite reasons to send a card is just to say hello.
hugs Jo x

Linda Simpson said...

Brilliant, I love this image and such a wonderful card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

Oh I just love that image Connie!! He makes me smile from ear to ear!! :) Love the coloring and the layout is perfect!! Have a great weekend!! HUGS P.S. My playtime is most definately coloring and getting away with hubby! :) Thanks for sharing that!!

Monica C. said...

I love this card! That image is so sweet and I love the shadow you have created behind him.
Hugs Monica

creationsnz said...

I agree with all the above - great work - and I too think your shadow is standout. CarolG

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Ah ah ah... how fun!! :D Love that mouse, it's unique and the shade looks brilliant!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This gave me the loudest chuckle, a wonderful card Connie, I love the yellow and your colouring is fabulous of this fun mouse. I wonder what he's been doing?
Faith
x

ike said...

Fantastic - he is a jolly little chap. Excellent colouring.
Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
Hugz
IKE

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Teresa Arsenault said...

The image sure is a cutie and your colouring is perfect, right down to the shadow. Hugs, Teresa

Sall said...

That really is a great image. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

Maikreations said...

Such a fun card ;o) Love the cute image! Thank you for joining our "Clean and Simple" challenge at the Papercraft Challenges ;o) Have a wonderful Sunday and happy crafting, Maike

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the image!!
Thank you for sharing with IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
Susan
DT for IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Such a fun card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Polkadoodles' Digi Choosday, hope to see you again! Jennifer, DT

Renate said...

Nice and easy, no fuss.
Thank you for sharing this cheerful card at our challenge.
I hope to see you back at ou next challenge.

-xiss- Renate.
(DT Papercraft Challenges)

Marisol Colón said...

Beautiful card!thank you for joining us in the Colouring in Scrapland challenge and good luck! Marisol DT