Thursday, March 14, 2019

May Your Dreams Bear Fruit

     Hey, it's almost the weekend!  Only one more week day and then we all get crafting time.  :-D  Last weekend, I did all my cards which were posted this week and will probably do the same thing this coming weekend.

     For today, I want to share with you a card with a lovely Fabrika Fantasy image.  I've used her before but that time I did all fall colors.  This time I tried to be more spring-like with the colors.


     As usual, I used ProMarkers to color her, adding Cadet Blue glitter to the four tiny butterflies in the image (can you find them?), then cut the image with a die from Spellbinders.  Once cut, I used chalks (as close to the Cadet Blue butterflies as possible) around the border and background of the die cut image.

     I printed the sentiment, and hand cut it.  I found a strip of sheer, golden-tan, ribbon (which looks gray-brown in the photo) and wrapped it around an embossed piece of CS which I used for the card front.

     The large, yellow, butterfly is an applique I made on my sewing machine, using a computer generated program, so it was little work for me other than selecting and changing out the threads.

     Challenges:
Butterfly Challenge  (Cadet Blue)
Crafty Creations
Lemon Shortbread
Papercraft
Paper Shelter
Scrappy Land
Simon Says Stamp & Show
TTCRD
Words 2 Craft By

15 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Connie, love the sentiment and beautiful image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

Wow, this is really pretty Connie! You've done a stunning job coloring in this image!! Love the butterfly accent too!! I don't get the time to work ahead during the weekend because it's the time I spend with hubby and we enjoy doing things together which is not in the craft room! :) Hope you have a great one!! HUGS

Lori Kobular said...

Very pretty card! I love the die you used to cut out the sweet image and that butterfly is a great touch!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely card and love the gorgeous frame!!

Joy Wilson said...

Connie, Another fabulous card! I love how you colored the images and I love the chalks and glitters. Good luck with your entry! Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Crafty Creations Challenges

DeniseD said...

Very nice card! Coloring is done well, and the Sentiment suits it perfectly!

Doris P. said...

What a Beautiful Card! Thank you for joining us at Papercraft Challenge.
Greetings
Doris

Teresa Arsenault said...

Lovely card. I really like the sentiment too. hugs, Teresa

Celeste Goff said...

Such a pretty card and I love that lacy, decorative focal panel! Thank you for joining us at W2CB!

Mrs A. said...

Looks very pretty in these colours . I love the embroidered butterfly which looks highly complicated to me . Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

Annemi said...

Wonderful card and lovely coloring on theis beautiful image. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Ann-Marie
TTCRD DT
Annemi {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

Super awesome coloring technique!!
Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, we all hope to see you play again soon! xo Zoey

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Gorgeous creation Connie, I love your coloring on this image and the butterfly emebellie. Thanks so much for playing in our Digital Image challenge over at The Paper Shelter Challenge blog this week. Hugs:) Audrey DT

Cards By MI said...

Thank you for joining us over at the Paper Shelter Challenge this week with your stunning card.

Love n hugs
Marie

Sybrina K said...

Happy Spring, Connie! This is so pretty, and I love the versatility of that image! Adding that touch of glitter is a perfect finishing touch. Thanks so much for playing along with our happiness challenge at Words 2 Craft By. :)