Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Woodland Deer

      I have two posts today and this is the first of the two.  We're starting a new challenge over at FarmQuest General Store where we always have an underlying theme of 'country' or 'farm' but beyond that, it's always "Anything Goes."  Challenges begin on the 7th of each month, and end on the 5th of the following month.

     Today I've done a card using a beautiful clip art image of deer in a winter woodland.  I printed it in grayscale, then colored it with a combination of Sanjoki and ProMarkers.  I cut the image and the navy blue frame for it with dies from QuicKutz.  The papers are from a very old DCWV stack ("Winter Magic") which I've had in my Christmas stash for at least 10 years and I'm still using scraps from it.  I loved it so much the first time I used a piece, I rushed back to the store and bought 2 more stacks.  I'm glad I did.  I've never gotten tired of it.  :-D

     I added a bit of wrapped, glittery twine and tied it in such a way that I made a tassel at the tie-off. The sentiment was printed and cut with an Avery Elle die.


     Challenges:

     We'd love to see you playing in our challenge this month.  If you've created something with a country feel to it, come enter it.  

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie   

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Beautiful scene paired with wonderful papers.