Sunday, December 3, 2023

Gift Card and Money Gift Holders

      Here it is the 3rd of December and a new blog challenge has begun at LeAnn's World 101, where our theme is always "Anything Goes" and where you can win fun and fabulous images from LeAnn's World.  For my DT card this time, I've used one of my favorite LeAnn's images, called "Abigail."

     I've been really focused on Christmas cards and have been trying a new style of card which incorporates a spot for either a gift card or cash inside the card.  I followed a tutorial which my daughter found for me on Facebook and have modified it on a few of the cards but all have the same basics.  Here's the first one I did which will work for Christmas but also for birthdays or other occasions where a gift card or cash seems appropriate.

     I colored the image with Altenew alcohol markers, then fussy cut it with scissors.  I added a black CS mat and fussy cut that to outline the image.  The silver glitter paper was cut with an oval Spellbinders die and I also added a 1 inch strip of it to the left edge of the inside of the card but since the card front is shorter than the card back, the glittery strip looks like it's part of the card front until you open the card.

     The sentiment was printed and cut with an Avery Elle die.


Here's a photo of the inside left of the card, showing the slot for cash or a gift card.


     Challenges:
Altenew (colors from Feb 2023)

     I hope we're going to see you playing along in our blog challenge this month.  Don't forget that we also have a Progressive Challenge starting on December 5 over on our Facebook site.  If you haven't played before this month but are interested in joining in so that you can get a free image each month hereafter, just purchase the December image at the store, use it on a card, post it into the FB album for December, then in January, you'll get the newest image for that month's Progressive Challenge, at no charge!

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

3 comments:

Nandini said...

Very cute card!

Pia S said...

It’s such a sweet and versatile card perfect for man6 an occasion your a girl or young woman. And the card is beautifully sparkly too. Thanks for joining our challenge at Inkspirational.

Vic said...

Great money holder card - Thanks for sharing with us at Pattie's Crreations - Vic, D X