Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Snow Cowboy

      Time for the next challenge at FarmQuest, which always has a requirement that your projects have a "country" feel to them, plus a theme and this fortnight the theme is "Decorated Farmhouse Exterior or other structure."  I decided to combine a barn with Christmas decorations and a cowboy snowman; now I have one more family Christmas card finished.

     I printed the image in very light grayscale, then colored it with my Sanjoki markers and with white gel pen on the snow.  I cut the image with a QuicKutz die and made the frame for it from two scraps of CS which were on the desk.

     The background piece is dp I made myself using a red work embroidery pattern, sized down and then did copy/paste procedures several times to scatter the image over the paper.  I used the last bit of a washi tape roll as decorative ribbon, then added the image piece on top of it all.  I think it makes a great masculine card with a wonderful country flair.


     Challenges:


     That's it for this time.  Come play in our challenge, won't you?  It runs until December 26 and we love seeing what you create.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! This made me smile Connie, what a beautiful card, clever background too. Happy Christmas
x