Thursday, November 16, 2023

All Roads Lead Home for Christmas

      I think this is my favorite Beccy's Place image!  At least I know that I've used it every Christmas season since I first got the set, how many years ago?  Too many to count.  :-D  It's the Winter Window and the sentiment is also from Beccy's.

     In the past, I've done reddish stone to look more like brick, blue stones with dark accents, even black stones with brown accents but this time, I colored it with several different, light gray and blue gray markers to enhance the winter feel, and light brown-gray markers on the branch, all from Sanjoki.  I added a few white highlights to the snow on the branch with a gel pen.  I used a deep yellow marker on the candle and added Stickles to the candle flame so that it would sparkle.

     The image was cut with a die from QuicKutz.  The striped dp used for the background came from an old DCWV stack and it was a scrap in the basket.  It had a hole in it where I had die cut something for another project, but I covered that with the image and now it looks intentional.  The gold ribbon was from my stash and I'm pretty sure it was from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  It has a very nice, but rather subtle, sparkle in it.


     Challenges:

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

5 comments:

*Vicki* said...

I love this set too! What a gorgeous card! Your details with the bow and colors make this a warm and inviting scene!

Beccy said...

You have done a fantastic job colouring the image NanaConnie, I LOVE the candle glow. It actually looks as though the heat from the candle has melted some of the frost from the window. The cool colours you chose have definitely enhanced the winter feel. Gorgeous!
Cheers,
Beccy

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fabulous card
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge.
Good luck Ginny DT for CRAFT Challenge Blog

Judy V said...

Fabulous creation! Thanks for sharing with us at CRAFT Challenge!

Judy V
GDT

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

Oh! I love this image!!! Beautifully coordinated with the neutrals! Wonderfully wintery!