Friday, November 17, 2023

Thanksgiving BBQ

      Can you believe Thanksgiving is next Thursday?  Less than a week away and, since today is Friday, we're celebrating another new challenge start over at Crafty Catz.  Our theme is always "Anything Goes" but we offer you an OPTIONAL theme if you want to use it and this week that option is "3 Favorite Colors."  Purple is my all time favorite color but when combined with orange and green, that becomes my favorite fall color combo.  

     Our fun and fabulous sponsor for this week's challenge is Dr. Digi and they supplied images for the DT to use on their inspiration projects.  However, I chose to use one from my own Dr. Digi collection and it's called "BBQ Dragon."  My eldest granddaughter and I share a love of dragons and this is going to be her Thanksgiving card.

     I used Sanjoki alcohol markers to color the image, then cut it with a fancy Spellbinders die.  I added a bit of sparkle to his knife and fork and to the jousting pole (whatever it's called) with a glitter pen, and used a gold paint pen on his eyes and horns.  The background dp is from DCWV and has been in my scrap basket for quite a while. The sentiment was printed and cut with a die from Avery Elle.


     Challenges:

     Won't you come and play in our challenge this week?  Remember it's your choice whether or not to show off you own favorite colors, but you can always just follow the Anything Goes theme.  :-D

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

3 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A wonderful card fabulous colouring
Have a wonderful weekend
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Elizabeth Hart said...

Hilarious Thanksgiving card - love it! Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creatalicious Chalenge

ScrappyHorses said...

Hahaha! How fun is this card! I've been seeing all kinds of ads on TV for "Thanksgrilling" and this seems to truly fit this season! ;) Thanks so much for sharing a smile with us at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday! ~Katrina