Friday, November 24, 2023

Home for Christmas

      Another Friday and that means another new challenge at Crafty Catz.  Each week we have an "Anything Goes" theme but we also offer you an optional theme if you want to use it.  The option for this week is pretty easy, "Christmas or Winter."  Our sponsor is Hetty Clare, who generously provided images for the DT to use.  But I chose to use an image from my own collection of Hetty Clare images, called Pony Christmas.  I know horses aren't really part of the usual "Christmas critters" we all recognize but think of all the images and stories which involve a horse pulling a sleigh, or a coach, or a wagon and you'll know why horses are my favorite, majestic, winter/Christmas critter.  :-D

     I reversed the image before printing it, then colored it with water colors.  I used an old Spellbinders die to cut the image and backed it with red and gold striped paper from DCWV.  The sentiment was stamped with a rubber stamp from Memory Box.  That one has been in my collection of rubber stamps for many years now.  I rarely use it but got it out for this card.

     I thought the die cut frame was fancy enough so I added no other embellishment.


     Challenges:

     I hope we're going to see you playing along this week.  We have only this week and next week  before the DT and the challenge take  holiday break, returning in January, 2024.  Show us something you've made for Christmas or winter and enter our challenge before it ends on Thursday night.
     
     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

4 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A beautiful card love this image Have a great weekend
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Lori m said...

Beautiful Christmas card, pretty colors and images, hugs, Lori m

Elaine Stark said...

A very cute card and a pretty border. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Ilonka said...

What a beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at The Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge.
Hugs Ilonka DT