Monday, November 6, 2023

Signs of Christmas

      I'm apologizing right now for being so late with this post but between internet connection problems and back pain problems all last week, I simply couldn't get it posted any sooner.  Nevertheless, here's two cards I did as DT inspiration for the challenge this week at Crafty Catz.  Our sponsor is Jan's Digi Stamps and they generously supplied images for the DT to use.  I chose to use both of them.  The first is called "Santa's Gift" (with the image reversed) and the second is "Christmas Skates."  The sentiments on both cards are from the Christmas Skates set.

     Santa is colored with water color paints, cut with my Fiskar's paper cutter, and the edges were inked with a Sanjoki marker.  The background dp came from a K & Co. stack and it has a decorative, die cut edge on two sides.  I found some lovely, silver, metallic ribbon in my stash and used it to do a quick wrap around the card front and to tie the bow.


     Challenges (1st card):
Kerst Christmas
SheepSki Designs

     Here's the second card with the Christmas Skates image and it's probably my favorite of the two.

     I colored it using my Sanjoki markers, then cut the image with a die from Tonic Studios.  I inked the edges with an ink pad.  The red background is dry embossed with snowflakes (easier to see if you enlarge the photo by clicking on it), and I used more of that silver ribbon to tie a simple but larger bow. 

 

     Challenges (2nd card):

     So happy to be back online and to finally have this posted, even if it is 3 days late!  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie 

6 comments:

Chris said...

Both cards are fabulous, it's a really cute Santa image- my favourite is the second one too, I think the skates image is beautiful, as is your CAS design.
Hope you're feeling better and your internet is behaving!
xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both are just beautiful, great Christmas characters.
Faith x

karin said...

Love your cards, they are great.
You have coloured them so beautiful.
Thanks for joining the challenge at Carlin's Kaartenparadijs.
Karin DT

Jan Mahew said...

Inspirationally uplifting, Connie! Lovely compositions on both cards. Thank you so much for showcasing "Santa's Gift" and "Christmas Skates" on your festive creations and sharing them with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Great Job!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

carla said...

Your cards are fabulous?
Nice idea ,the iceskates, for the current challenge by carlin's kaartenparadijs.
It looks very beautiful.
Thank you for participating.
Good Luck !
Carla (DT)

Caroline said...

Nice card.
Thanks for joining our challenge.
Caroline DT 2Sistersontheblog