Saturday, April 29, 2023

Two Roses for Mom

      You folks are going to begin to think I work for Mariola Budek or that I represent her in some way but I don't.  I have no affiliation with her whatsoever, other than having discovered and fallen in love with her magnificent artwork!  Today's card features one of her images which I turned into another Mother's Day card.

     This image was colored with Sanjoki markers, then cut with a die from Tonic Studios.  The sentiment was cut with a die from Avery Elle.  Both of the background CS came from Recollections and I had already chosen them before I started coloring the roses.  That made it easy to choose the color palette for them.

     I added no embellishments to this card, wanting the roses to take center stage, unobscured by anything that might have been put on or around them.  A nice, CAS card, flat for mailing.

      


     Challenges:

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

4 comments:

Mellzcraftz said...

Such a stunning Mother's Day card - your colouring is amazing! Thank you for sharing and Thanks for joining the challenge at Digi Choosday ! Happy Crafting! Mel x

Ps I adore your cats x

*Vicki* said...

This is quite a pretty image indeed! Love your coloring of it and the way you've done the solid panels for your background as well! Great Mother's Day card!

Susan Renshaw said...

Beautiful!
Thanks for sharing with Songs and Rhymes.
Please remember to mention the part of the poem which inspired you...

Jana Forrest said...

This is such a beautiful card Connie. I will have to check out this designer. Thank you for sharing over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck, Jana Forrest DT