Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Roses in Many 'Flavors'

      I'm about to overwhelm you with roses in this post!  I spent a bit of time over the weekend coloring the same Mariola Budek image, but with the roses and sentiment done in red, yellow, and pink, respectively.  I made one card for each color and they were all for Mother's Day - due to the sentiment which is part of the image.  See below and you'll understand immediately.

     I used my Sanjoki markers on the pink and yellow roses, but the red ones were colored with the few Copics I have left.  I really have shifted away from the more expensive Copics and have very few of them remaining.  I no longer invest in Copic refill colors because, truthfully, I can replace either ProMarkers (which I've used almost exclusively for almost 8 years now) or my newer Sanjoki markers for less money than what the Copic inks cost.  The Sanjokis are also less than the ProMarkers, have the brush tips which I prefer to the bullet tips, and they blend a little bit better, IMHO.

     Let's start with the 'red' image: colored with Copics and water color paints, then cut with a QuicKutz square die.  The red CS circle was also cut with a QuicKutz die.  I mounted those two onto a white card front, then added one of my signature hand-sewn bows, this time with a pearl.


     Next, I colored the yellow roses with my Sanjoki markers, gold paint pen on the sentiment, and again, cut the image with a QuicKutz die before inking the edges.  I layered the image onto green fiber paper (DCWV) which I used for the card front.  Very clean and simple.

     Finally, I colored the pink one with my Sanjokis, and used a metallic ProMarker on the sentiment.  These edges were also inked but this time I used an ink pad instead of a marker.  I used more of the fiber paper from DCWV, this time in pink and added two scraps of green fiber paper from the first card.  

     I'm going to enter the first card into the following:

     Challenges:
Double Trouble (all 3 things)

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

9 comments:

jimlynn said...

Lots of roses and lots of beauty! Gorgeous coloring on all of these Connie. Love!
Lynn

Donna Scholz said...

What a dramatic Mother's Day card you've shared with us at Double Trouble! Such a great job coloring and shading all the roses!!! Thank you so much for sharing your card with us for our "special lady" challenge!!! -Donna

Donna Ellis said...

Oh my goodness, Connie! I love the colors and designs in your rose-studded creations! They really are so wonderful, and I love the way you have colored the sentiment! Thanks for the info on your markers, too. BTW, I recently discovered this year that google fixed that problem where we could not have headers across our blogs. Give it a try, and see if one of your other headers will work now. Be sure to click on "shrink to size" and it should go all the way across (I believe). Let me know how that goes. And thanks for showering us with roses this fine day! Now for my DT hat: Thank you for sharing your love of all things flowers at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. Looking forward to seeing you again!
Happy Crafting Hugs,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Debbie Mageed said...

What beautiful Mother's Day cards! Your coloring is gorgeous! Thank you for playing with us at the HLS Die Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Donna Walls said...

I love coloring grayscale, especially with Pencils. This is a gorgeous image and your cards are lovely Connie. Thanks for joining the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We look forward to seeing more from you soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Wow, great Mother Day cards, love the different layouts of each, in particular love the first card, but all so pretty and beautifully colored. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Beautiful Blossoms.

Maikreations said...

I love your set of cards! Wonderful colouring and I love that you have coloured the sentiment as well!!! Thank you for taking part in our "Spring" themed challenge over at Papercraft Challenges! Have a wonderful day and happy crafting ;o) Yours Maike

Melanie R said...

Beautifully colored cards, Connie! Love them all. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #136. - Melanie R.

Ginny said...

Lovely creation! So glad you're joining us in this Star Stampz Challenge. All the best!
--- DT Gina Ang ---
Star Stampz Challenge #45 - Anything Goes