Saturday, April 29, 2023

Be a Dragon?

      I'll have two posts today and this is the first of them.  I have a grown granddaughter who adores dragons as much as I do and we both love the "How to Train Your Dragon" movies.  I often make cards featuring dragons just for her, without needing any particular occasion.  This is one of those and it features a clip art image of our favorite dragon.  I'm sure you'll recognize him.  Yep, that's Toothless!     :-D

     This one was pre-colored so I didn't have to do anything other than print the image, cut it with a simple rectangle die from Spellbinders, and ink the edges with an ink pad.  The background is a scrap of dp from an EK Success stack.  That was probably my favorite paper in the entire stack and I've used it on half a dozen cards in the last couple of weeks.  I think this is the last of it but there may be another small scrap or two in the basket.  I'm already missing it.  lol

     The small bow is one of my signature, hand-sewn bows which I make by the dozen and toss into my stash for future use.  I see it's about time to start making another batch because the supply is getting low.  I used to use different colored ribbons to make them but then I discovered I could use white ribbon and "dye" the bows any color I wanted with my markers.  The great advantage in that is I can match up any one of the colors I've used when coloring an image.  However, since I didn't color this image, I just used a deep blue that complemented the background paper.


     Challenges:

     Be sure to stop by again in a couple of hours when my second post of the day goes live.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

5 comments:

jimlynn said...

So cute and that background paper is a perfect match for the dragon. LOVE that sentiment too.
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

Really fun dragon with that very long tail and that sentiment is just as cute! The papers work great with this image as they remind me of the dragon scales in a way! Looking forward to seeing more of those bows on your upcoming makes!

Cara said...

I love Toothless! He's like a combination of a cat and a dog! Super cute card! Thanks so much for entering our April Color Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges
(Hugs) Cara
The Outlawz Color Challenges.
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

Debbie Mageed said...

What a great card and love the dragon! The great sentiment made me smile. Thank you for playing with us at the HLS Die Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Furrbster said...

This is fabulous!! I absolutely love it,

thanks for playing along at Creative Moments,

Hugz Tinz