Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Halloween Night

      I'm doing my best to get back into playing particular challenges which have always been favorites of mine and which have a 'progressive' element to them.  Near the top of that list is Beccy's Place which isn't a true progressive challenge but we are required to use an image from Beccy's and she provides a freebie each month.  You aren't required to use the freebie - you can use any of her images and my collection of them is rather large.

     For this month, I used four of Beccy's silhouette images put onto a background dp (also from Beccy's Place) and I added a sentiment of my own.  I sized the paper to 5.5" x 5.5", then copied and pasted the silhouette images (Agatha, the tall witch, was reversed.)  The silhouettes are jpg files, so when they were merged onto the dp, there was that white background behind each silhouette.  The white rectangles made the silhouettes and the sentiment pop off the background.

     I printed the entire thing onto white CS.  I used a "Satin" ProMarker to color the white rectangles so they wouldn't look quite so 'bright white.'  Kind of visually interesting for a single layer card, don't you think?


This is also my Day 12 entry into the 

     Challenges:
Paperbabe
World Wide Open

     That's all I have for today but I'll be back tomorrow.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Fabulous silhouette images! There's so many things you can do with them! Love the green eyes on your kitties and the fab Halloween papers too!

My Side of Oz said...

I have such a hard time with silhouette images! So glad you shared this as I love the way they do pop when used with the white around them! Love the paper and lots of fabulousness on your single layer card!

Tee said...

Great card and sentiment! Love the silhouettes against the paper!

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the background Paper! Super Halloween colours!

tilly said...

those are very scary cats, a lovely card, Thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Catz, Tilly

Donna Walls said...

I love silhouette images and those are pretty cool. Love the paper too! Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge.
Donna xx
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge

Beccy said...

Fabulous card NanaConnie, I love the mix of spooky images! I also like the sentiment you added... the witch looks like she's calling to her familiars. Thank you for the lovely compliment, it's great to hear you enjoy our monthly challenge.
Cheers,
Beccy

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing at The Insperation Station challenge Blog I am yet to play with silhouettes so I enjoyed browsing at your project, you are very right the white background does make them pop. Jane

valscraftings said...

I do love silhouette images, love the green eyes!

Thanks for joining in our 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop!
Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

Gail Hutchinson said...

Nana I agree with you on Beccy's Challenge. Wish I had more time to enter them on a regular basis. I love your Halloween card. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
~ Gail CT

Arlene said...

Very spooky images that I had to love. So glad you joined us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
~ Arlene CT