Friday, September 18, 2020

Spooky Night

      I was in the mood to clear the clutter off my crafting table and got a good start by grabbing the "round file" and scooping tiny scraps into it.  Then I found some larger scraps and didn't want to toss them out because, who knows, they might be exactly what I needed for a particular size die.  I debated that with myself for a minute and then decided to prove to my "toss everything" side just how valuable they could be.  Next thing you know I was making this Halloween card and everything on it was cut from a left over scrap, including the orange background.  :-D  

      BTW, my craft table still needs to be cleared off !


     Dies I used:  1. Tree/Fence/Cat - Die-Versions; 2. Flying Witch - Yvonne Creations; 3. Bats - Impression Obsession; 4.  Moon - QuicKutz    Some pieces were cut more than once in order to add a different color to one part of the die cut, e.g. the cat, the witch's hat, and the straw of the broom.  The tree/fence piece has an embossed 'waffle pattern' texture though it's a bit hard to see in the photo.

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

Bunny said...

Cute card and a great use of the scraps. [Bunny]

meg said...

Love the Halloween scene you created,wouldn't like to meet that spooky witch though

Claire said...

Very cute. Love the silhouettes
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Smashing card Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
Hug Ginny
SUYP Cats Challenges.
My Blog As I do Rodos

Barbara said...

This time of year, it seems that cleaning is in the air. I too have been cleaning up my scraps and bits. You, my friend, have made a grand card with your scraps and that must be very satisfying for you. That witch is fun and spooky too.
Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at Double D Challenge.
Barbara DT

Darlene said...

OH! What a spooky, cool creation Connie! The look on that witches face is pretty mischievious! LOL Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Don’t Fence Me In’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You are funny :). Love your card of scraps, great result Connie.
Faith x

cass said...

Fun card. Thanks for entering your wonderful creation in our Seasons challenge at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight.

Diane said...

Fabulous created Halloween scene, great to us up those scraps isn't it? Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Di said...

What a great card Connie - super use of all those snippets!

Hugs

Di xx

Julie Odil said...

This is spooky cute, Connie. I love that witch! Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us Challenges. Julie, DT member

Helen said...

A great card - love the orange and black contrast.

Thanks for joining us at Scribbles Designs.

Helen x

berucrafts said...

great spooky card, perfect for fall time and Halloween... Thank you very much for joining us at the bastel-traum Challenge.

Hugs and good luck
Ute
DT bastel-traum challenge

Milka Gubo said...

Fun Halloween card.
Thank you so much for joining us at the bastel-traum Challenge #93. Sorry for the late comment. I hope to see you again in our challenges. :o)
Hugs
Milka DT bastel-traum challenge