Saturday, December 3, 2016

Poinsettia Snowman

     A new Progressive Challenge has started at The Outlawz and the image this month was provided by Sandi's Samples; this darling little snowman who was just crying out to be done in monochromatic blues.



     I used my ProMarkers to color the snowman, then fussy cut him.  I printed a different sentiment (his sign originally said "Chill!") and layered it onto the front.  I mounted the snowman on dimensional dots and he just pops off the paper.

     The papers are from DCWV and I chose similar yet different dp patterns in two different shades of blue; the darker one has Christmas trees and snowflakes and the lighter blue has just snowflakes.  Believe it or not, it's the darker paper which is die cut (Spellbinders.)  I layered it on top of the lighter blue paper.  I'm using up leftover negatives again.

     The silver ribbon was in my stash and seemed perfect for this card design.  I made my bow into a snowflake shape and then added a gem snowflake for a touch of embellishment.  I put a tiny bit of glitter on the top of snowman's hat.

     Challenges:
A Snowflakes Promise
Crafting from the Heart
Craft Your Passion
Crazy Challenge
Die Cuttin' Divas
Digi Choosday
Holly Jolly
I {heart} ProMarkers
Lemon Shortbread
Mod Squad
Outlawz Color
Paper Shelter
Pile It On
Simon Says Stamp

     That's all for today.  Have a lovely weekend.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

16 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

He's sweet and you did a great job on the theme. I find it quite challenging. I guess that's why they call it a challenge....haha

*Vicki* said...

Oh Connie, I think this is one of my faves from you this year on your Christmas cards!! That snowman makes me smile and I just LOVE the gorgeous snowflake background along with your pretty silver ribbon and bling!! Nicely done!! HUGS

Teresa Arsenault said...

Beautiful. I love that dark starry background. Well done. hugs, Teresa

Donna Ellis said...

Darling snowman, Connie, and beautifully colored. I love the blue carried through to the poinsettia. It's a lovely design! Hugs, de

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card love your image and your design. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A fabby snowman and love the change of sentiment and all the blues, it's perfect.
Faith
x

Creaine said...

wow.
Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge. Good luck.
Bye, Groetjes van Ine (DT)
http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

Maura said...

Beautiful!! I LOVE your snowman! The blue poinsettia is just awesome, and love how you went with a non traditional color! Thank you for sharing with us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! hugs, Maura

L.B. said...

Thanks for playing with Die Cuttin' Divas make is sparkle challenge this week. Love yur cute snowman and the little snowflake with gem on top

Elizabeth Hart said...

This card really says winter - love the sparkle with the ribbon. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Vannessa said...

Great card and I love all the snowflakes and glittery ribbon. Thanks for joining in the Paper Shelter Challenge this time. We hope to see you again.

Hugs, Vannessa
The Paper Shelter DT

Anjie said...

Great make. Thanks for joining us in our week 48 Anything Goes challenge at Digi Choosday
Anjie (DT)

Glenda Atkins said...

Love it, glad to see you are still crafting up a storm. Amazing women you are. Must get at doing the Outlawz Progressive, yours is adorable. Love the silver ,sparkly ribbon and wee bow.
hugs
Glenda

Joyce Erb said...

So sweet! Thanks for taking the challenge with us at the <a href="http://modsquadchallenge.blogspot.com”>Mod Squad Challenge</a>

Judy McKay said...

Adorable card. Lovely image and design. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this month. Happy New Year. Judy DT

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Lovely creation. Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly. Good luck.
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Holly Jolly DT