Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Old World Santa for Holiday Chaos Day 1

     I said they were being posted out of order but this is my card for the Holiday Chaos Day 1 challenge at Catch the Bug, "All that Sparkles."  I've already shared the card for Day 2.


     I used one of the sweet 'Old World Santas' from Bugaboo Stamps for this really CAS card.  I printed the santa and the sentiment onto the same piece of scrap CS, then I colored it with ProMarkers, colored pencils, and lots of glitter on the tree and fur on Santa's coat.  Pretty simple with just three colors; red, green, and white.  I cut it into a simple rectangle, added ribbon, and put it on the front of a red card base.

     I found two, glittery candy canes in my stash and used those for embellishment.  I told you it was a really CAS design, one of my favorite techniques.  :-D

     Challenges:
Aloha Friday
Christmas Cards
Crafting with an Attitude
Crafty Calendar
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas
Creative Inspirations
Hiding in My Craft Room
Jo's Scrap Shack
Polkadoodles

     I won't be able to do Day 3 but with any luck I might be able to squeeze in the ones for Day 4 and Day 5.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie    

15 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Love your old world Santa and all of the stunning sparkle you've added to his fur trimming and snow on the tree!! What a fun little candy cane accent too! HUGS :)

Christine said...

Awesome image....love the shine and texture from the addition of glitter, and I like the little candy cane embellishment, too! Thank you for sharing this week at Jo's Scrap Shack!
Christine
DT Member at Jo's
my blog: http://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

Donna Ellis said...

Sweet and beautifully colored! XOXO

Teresa Arsenault said...

Adorable Santa and great CAS design. hugs, Terea

Doreen said...

Love the fab image,this is gorgeous.xxx

Rene said...

Adorable!!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck!
Rene

Linda Simpson said...

Another fabulous card Connie, love this Santa!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Billie A said...

Love the CAS look of your Christmas card. So glad you're playing along with us at Catch the bug Holiday Chaos. Good luck
Billie A
Catch the bug
Inspiration Destination
Creative with Stamps
Aud Sentiments

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed the card you put together and the your coloring. Thank you for participating in Jo's Fun Friday Challenge.
:) Michelle - DT
http://www.MajesticMemories.biz/wp

Tammy Miller said...

Thanks so much for joining our Christmas Chaos Day 1 – Theme Challenge at Catch the Bug! I love your project, good luck!

Bev said...

A lovely CAS design. We really appreciate you joining in the fun at Polkadoodles

Sue said...

Fabulous card and thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge hugs Sue J x

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Super fun card! Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Challenges.

Anonymous said...

Fab festive make. Thanks for joining us for the ATG challenge at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge.
Gail Polkadoodles DT
https://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk

Lori said...

What a great clean and simple card! Love that cute Santa, and the added candy canes are the perfect touch! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenges! -Lori DT