Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Christmas Stag

     I have to share this one last Christmas card with all of you even though we're finished with Christmas for this year.  I just ran out of time to get this one posted to my blog before all the hustle and bustle of the holidays took over and started me running from place to place.


I started by reversing sketch #97 from 


     The image is colored with a combination of chalks and ProMarkers, but for the pops of reds I used my Copics.   I hand cut the image and layered it onto aspen bark dp and then layered all of that onto white CS.  It was interesting getting the aspen bark dp added since  I had only bits and pieces of it left over and I had to piece them together to make a border that didn't look pieced out of snippets.  :-D

      I added the red and green Christmas twine (metallic), fraying the ends, and then added the single white flower for embellishment.  The gem in the middle of the flower is red but looks black in the photo.  The flower is adhered on a Pop Dot for a bit of dimension on this otherwise flat, CAS card.

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Cookie Challenge
Chalk n Stock
C.R.A.F.T.
Crafty Addicts
Crafty Creations
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas
Di's Digi Designs
DL.ART
Inky Chicks
Outlawz CAS
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Pixie's Snippets
WordArt Weds.

     I'll have another pre-scheduled post on Friday and I hope you all had a warm and wonderful Christmas last weekend.  Be safe and sane this coming weekend, please -- no drinking and driving on the New Year holiday!  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

26 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

A wonderful project.
This will also be perfect for one entry as an anything goes creation for our challenge below.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Jackie T said...

Hi Connie this is a gorgeous Christmas card. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Donna Ellis said...

Happy post Christmas, Connie! Lovely card, with the most regal, and lovely of details, and such warm colors. Hoping your New Year is healthy and enjoyable, Connie, all year long. hugs, de

*Vicki* said...

What a stunning card Connie!! Really love the paper and the Vintage feel of it! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Wishing you happiness and creativity for the New Year! HUGS

Linda Simpson said...

Stunning card Connie, a very majestic stag too. I hope you enjoyed the Christmas festivities and wish you all the very best for 2017.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lori Kobular said...

Oh my gosh! I love your Christmas card! That paper is beautiful and I love that big deer! Thanks for playing along with us at DL.ART Challenges!

sweetbloominscraps said...

Lovely card! I love the aspen bark paper! Thanks so much for sharing and joining us at SSW2!
Judi SSW2

Donna Hanley said...

Wow Connie you'd never know this paper was pieced together. Outstanding job of piecing. The coloring on that deer is also amazing. Glad you had a good Christmas , we did also, but it is nice to have time to relax now. Happy, Healthy New Year to you.

Teresa Arsenault said...

Spectacular job coloring this one. It is gorgeous and reminds me of a vintage Christmas card. hugs, Teresa

Sandy said...

Oh my, your coloring is beautiful. So glad you shared this with us at the Cookie Challenge. Hope you can join us again. Sandy/Cookie DT

Jean said...

Oh wow this is stunning.Your colouring of the stag is amazing and the backing paper lovely.
Thanks for joining us over at Penny's.
Jean DT xx

Jonnece said...

Fantastic card. Thanks for sharing the techniques you used. Thanks for joining us at If you give a Crafter a Cookie. Jonnece DT

Di said...

Fabulous card Connie - and you fixed the border perfectly! Great use of snippets.

Hugs

Di xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous image and your card is so beautiful.
Faith
x

Sarn said...

It's GORGEOUS.

Happy New Year to you.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Beautiful card..Love the image..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges.. Wish you a great year ahead!! Hugs Deepti

Glenda Atkins said...

So very beautiful, a great card to end the season with. Love cut and placement of the deer, excellent!
hugs
Glenda

Darnell said...

Oh, my, Connie, you've ended up with a snippets work of art worthy of framing! Excellent piecing and coloring!! I promise to be good this weekend! I wish you all the best in the new year!! Hugs, Darnell

Maria Valente said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colouring! Thank you for playing along at Penny's Challenges.
Hugs, Mary (DT member)

Wendy said...

I just had to visit and let you know how much I love your card!! Hope you have a happy 2017!

Helen said...

Great card - thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog.

Happy New Year!

Helen x

lorby said...

Love your card. Thanks for joining us for the December challenge at Chalk N Stock. The new challenge is up for January.

Joanna M. said...

Super pretty. I love that image (beautifully colored btw) and your Christmas twine. I'm so glad you shared this with us over on the Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 blog.
~Jo, SSW2-DT

Linda Anderson said...

Wow, this is absolutely amazing!!! What a gorgeous card, such a striking deer. Thanks for joining us at SSW2.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Thank you for joining us at If you give a Crafter a Cookie, good luck!!! Lisa DT

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful!! Thanks so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper