Saturday, January 30, 2016

Smooshy Cat

     Those of you who follow my blog have heard me talk about my blogging buddy, Teresa, of Tickell Expressions.  Although we have never met face-to-face because we live on opposite sides of the North American continent (she in Eastern Canada and I in western USA), in the past we've served together on a DT or two, and have just become really good friends over the years.

     She's such a wonderful artist and is always stretching into new media and techniques to polish and perfect her skills.  I've done other cards using several of her images which she so kindly posts as freebies on Sundays.  As a way of improving her art, she offers anyone who uses one of her images the opportunity to ask her for something specific.

     I used one of her really elegant stags a few weeks ago and, when she asked me what I'd like for a new image, I asked her for something inspired by Sebastian, the adorable, ragdoll kitten who lives with her family, and that he be doing something cute.  Yesterday, she sent me an early preview of the digi, and said the kitten is named "Smooshy."

     I was so "Tickell"ed, I jumped right in and made this card.  (Sorry for that horrible pun, Teresa!)


I used colors from the challenge at Sketchy Colors.
Paper Straws- Green and Blue Polka Dots

     I used ProMarkers to color the image, then die cut it and the CS mat with one of my die sets from QuicKutz.  The shaped card and the background dp were cut with another QuicKutz die.  The "Smooshy Says..." sentiment is also Teresa's and comes along with the Smooshy image.  I added the rest of the sentiment about "Play" using a computer font.  The bow is one of those I make and toss into my stash for later use but it started as white ribbon and I 'dyed' it with ProMarker.

     Challenges:

     I hope you find Smooshy as adorable as I do and that you'll want to use him for something sweet.  Remember, if you use him and post it to your blog, let Teresa know and she'll no doubt give you the opportunity to request an image you want.  :-D  

Here's the actual image and you can get it today simply by visiting Teresa's blog.

     Look around her blog while you're there and if you like her artwork, become a follower so that you won't miss any of it.  I follow her via email so that I get a reminder in my mailbox whenever she has posted something new.

     Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

22 comments:

Teresa Arsenault said...

NanaConnie, I am bowled over by your kind words. You are a sweet friend and have been such a big encouragement to me.

I love what you did with Smooshy, especially the little pink paw pads. Your sentiment is spectacular. It makes me wish I'd thought of it. :)

Blessings on your Sunday, Dear Heart.

hugs,
Teresa

jimlynn said...

Smooshy is so cute! Love the image she created for you and your shaped card. The bow is just the right addition.
LYnn

Dana M said...

Fabulous card! What's not to love, playing with a cat always brings a smile. I love Smooshy with the wonderful fluffy tail. btw, love all the photos of your beloved cats on your blog.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SUPER DUPER card, love the die shape card and the cute image. Great silhouette too.

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Connie fantastic card. Love Alison x

Margaret said...

How lucky you are Connie to have such a friend. What an adorable image and great card. Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time. Good luck. Maggie, DT

Stella said...

Such a beautiful card! Andspot on our theme. Thansk so much for being with us at CCCB!

Marina said...

Fun and pretty and a beautiful shape. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter. Marina DT

Debbie said...

Beautiful card dearie. Love this cute image. Thanks for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow. Good luck. Hugs Debbie xxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card.
Hope you will also join our challenge here http://mycraftingstories.blogspot.co.id/2016/02/challenge-2-anything-goes-dt-call.html

Hugs,
Merlina
My Crafting Stories

Nancy Thomas said...

What a fun shape - super nice card. Thank you for joining The Cat's Pajamas TCP Tuesday challenge.

Ros Crawford said...

This is so cute!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

*Vicki* said...

This is such a fun design!! I lvoe the monochrome colors and your pretty shaped design! :) HUGS

Brenda said...

I love the story behind your digi and the card is so sweet with the wonderful shape and perfect sentiment. It's just kinda the perfect card for a Cat's Pajamas Challenge! Thanks so much for joining use at TCP Tuesday Challenge!

Dawn said...

Such a sweet & adorable image NanaC! I love the card you've created using it!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Cara said...

Super cute card NanaConnie!
Thanks for sharing!
(Hugs) Cara
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such a fun/playful card... too cute!

Thank you for participating in the OSAAT "Anything Goes with Tic Tac Toe" Challenge!

Pam said...

Such a cute image. How wonderful made just for you and now to share with others. Lovely use of diecuts and great sentiment. A very cute card. Thank you for joining us this time at Crafty Cardmakers.

crafty-stamper said...

Love the beautiful shaped card NanaConnie and great cute image and purrfect sentiment----Thank you for joining us at Create and Inspire
Carol DT x

Synnøve said...

This is a sweet card with a cute image! Thank you for joining our challenge at Sketchy Colors!

Rebecca said...

Great card I love the shape and that cute little image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Bec

Shona Hamill said...

Fantastic card and image. Thank you for sharing with us at I♥Promarkers. DT Shona xx