Monday, January 11, 2016

Bean Counters

     The Friday challenge over at The Outlawz has changed and is now a "Festive Friday" challenge.  Each week, four silly 'festivities' are chosen and you can use any one of them as the theme for your card.  This week the four things are:  Bean Day, Bird Day, Bubble Bath Day, and Polar Bear Plunge Day.  I chose this fun image by From the Heart Stamps because I could cover two of the four festive days.  :-D


I also used the sketch from The Outlawz.
Of course, I had to modify it for the shape of my image piece.


     I colored with my ProMarkers and added the sentiment.  I die cut it with one of my dies from Spellbinders.  I matted it with CS and rounded the corners with a punch.  Both ribbons are from Really Reasonable Ribbon and the flower is from a new batch of white flowers I got from Santa.  Pretty fast and simple.

     Challenges:
Crafting by Designs
Crafting for all Seasons
Craft Rocket
Great Impressions
Jo's Scrap Shack
Julia Spiri
Male Room
Not Just Cards
Paper Shelter
Really Reasonable Ribbon
Scrapy Land

     That's it for me today.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

23 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

What a fun card! I love that cute image and you colored it perfectly! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Rocket Challenges!

Lori Kobular said...

I am back with a different hat on and I still love this adorable card! The bean counters just makes me smile! I love the dies that you used along with that adorable image. Thanks for joining us at Scrapy Land Challenge #33!

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Cute card, thanks for sharing at Julia Spiri and good luck. Wendy DT x

JJ said...

Hi Nanaconnie, beautiful card. A very belated Happy New Year to you.

Love & hugs

Jacquie J xxx

Teresa Arsenault said...

oh, too cute! LOL. hugs, Teresa

Davi said...

This card cracks me up NC, love it :)

Peanut said...

oh how adorable, NC. I am so so sorry for being behind on my commenting. Just that everything seems to be happening at the same time!
BIG hugs Asha

Stampsnob. said...

How cute is that ? TFS Lis Craft
Rocket Challenges DT

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my this is cute, love the image. The ribbon is gorgeous too I love it.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna Hanley said...

Adorable card, Connie. Look at those bean counters working so hard counting. Great coloring and I really like that die and the orange backdrop. Enjoy your day.

Donna Ellis said...

Great take on that sketch, Connie, and such a cute image! I like the coloring in your jar, and the pretty use of the frame. Great card! Thanks for playing in the {Scrapy Land Challenge}! Hope to see your pretty projects again soon!
crafty hugs,
de
{Creative Smiles}

Cards By MI said...

Great card, lovely colours. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Shelter. A new fun challenge is now up.
Love n hugs
Marie

Lorie said...

How fun is this card! I love the birds and your sentiment is so fun!
Thank you for playing along at the
Great Impressions stamps challenge!
Lorie, DT Member
www.live-love-laugh-create2.blogspot.com

Mynn xx said...

This is FABULOUS, NC! LOVE this image--and what a fun challenge! I'm going to have to check that one out! Thank you for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

*Vicki* said...

Tee hee! This is just too too cute!! Love your coloring! :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- love that you combined two of the challenges. Great take on the sketch challenge too : )

Creaine said...

wow....... I like the stamp.
Thanks for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons. Good luck.
Bye,
Groetjes van Ine (DT)

Deborah Frings said...

This is such a fun card. Like the layout too. Thanks so much for playing along with our Anything Goes challenge at The Male Room! Deborah, DT.

Rocky said...

That's a clever way of covering two festive days, cute image. It made me smile to think of a polar bear in a bubble bath aswell! Thank you for joining us at TMR.

Dawn said...

Lol! Another little cutie! Love those little birdies!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Barb said...

This is such a charming card with wonderful color and design. Thanks for sharing with us at the Julia Spiri challenge. Barb

Unknown said...

Such a cute card,love it Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons. Helen DT

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Cute, cute card! Looks like those little bean counters might have snacked on a few! LOL Thanks for sharing with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!